Thread poster: Gabriela Espasandin

Gabriela Espasandin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:18
Member (2011)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 23, 2013

Hello, I use Subtitle Workshop to do subtitles but I have to make an ssa. or srt file with Russian subtitles in order to embed them in the video, but I cannot manage to get this programme to recognise the Cirillyc characters. Can anyone suggest me how can I do this? Thanks for your help.

Tanami  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:18
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Cyrillic Jan 23, 2013

Hello Gabriela

To make Subtitle Workshop display Russian subs correctly, go to Settings --> General --> Charsets tab and select "Cyrillic" from the Original Charset drop-down list.

You may also want to check the "Show in main form" box in the very same tab, and the Original Charset and Translation Charset settings will appear on the left in the main frame, so you can quickly change them if necessary.

Good luck

Natalia

United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Russian subtitles Jan 23, 2013

Hello Natalia,

I had already had this settings and still it doesn't work. Sorry! If you have any other suggestions they will be welcome.

Have a nice day!

Tanami  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:18
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
change your Regional settings Jan 24, 2013

Ok, then -

in Windows 7 Control Panel, go to Language and Regional Settings (or Clock, Language and Region if you're using Vista), and change Language for non-Unicode programs to Russian.

You need to restart your computer then.

United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Russi Jan 24, 2013

Hello Tanami,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have already done that and it does not work!!! If you can think of anything else please let me know.

Thanks

Gaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian subtitles

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search