Thread poster: Michela Mollo
Michela Mollo
Michela Mollo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:49
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2016

Hello, I would be pleased to receive your help. I am an Italian mother tongue translator and I should translate a video from Italian into Chinese (synchronization and spotting of it already done by other languages translators). In details, I have a video with an Italian audio and English subtitles, which I should overwrite in Chinese. Which are standard rates for such subtitling jobs? Thank you for your collaboration!

[Modificato alle 2016-01-05 23:18 GMT]

jbjb
jbjb  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 07:49
Estonian to English
+ ...
standard Jan 12, 2016

The standard rate would be based on salaries in China, so it will be 2-4 times lower than in Western Europe.
The question is - can you compete with the Chinese rates while living in Europe?
If the company is in trouble with finding Italian-Chinese translators in China, you can safely ask as much as you can, they have no choice and may have to take a loss on the project. The question now is: is it really so difficult to find Italian-Chinese translators in China?

Michela Mollo
Michela Mollo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:49
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
answer Jan 16, 2016

Thank you for your answer.
Actually, the situation is different because the company which asked me to do this translation work is Italian. Do you know how much it is the rate per minute for this type of job, considering the Italian standard rates and that I should translate into a language different form my mother tongue?
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle rates_Italian into Chinese

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »