SWIFT subtitles hidden under video layer
Thread poster: Esther Hay

Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:59
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 19, 2016

Hi,

I have somehow managed to hide my subtitles and the safe area box underneath the video. Does anyone know how to bring them to the front again? I think I accidentally hit a shortcut that I don't know about...

Thanks!

Esther


 

Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:59
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Jan 20, 2016

Esther Hay wrote:

Hi,

I have somehow managed to hide my subtitles and the safe area box underneath the video. Does anyone know how to bring them to the front again? I think I accidentally hit a shortcut that I don't know about...

Thanks!

Esther


Hi Esther,

I just asked a SWIFT owner, and he said that it might indeed be a shortcut (space+I). If this doesn't work, try saving your project and restarting the program.


 

Faustine Roux  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
English to French
alt+1 or ctrl+1 Jan 20, 2016

Hi Esther,

You can have Swift back to its original layout by doing ctrl+1 or alt+1, I can't remember which one it is.
I hope that helps !


 

Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:59
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 21, 2016

Thanks Max and Faustine,

Unfortunately it's not as simple as restoring the original layout/restarting the program. I tried all that, as well as saving as text and importing my content into a fresh file. I also loaded other saved client templates and made a fresh one for this client. The only thing that worked, was restarting the PC. Unfortunately as soon as I closed one file and opened another, the problem was back - the moment the new video clip opened, the safe area outline and text jumped behind the picture again. All very odd.

The strangest thing is that today it's been fine. Mind you, I didn't do any proper subtitling but I did open, close and play a number of files.

Max, I'm not sure what (space+I) would achieve. It just types an I. Were there more elements to the shortcut?

Thanks for thinking with me and for asking friends on my behalf. I am a very experienced Swift user so if your friends run into any Swift trouble in future I'd be happy to see if I can help. If my problem reoccurs I'll be back with another plea for help and hopefully more details.


Regards,
Esther


 

Faustine Roux  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
English to French
... Jan 21, 2016

Hi Esther,

It's good to know you're an experienced Swift user. I do have a recurring problem with it sometimes, so I might ask you some advice some day.
In the meantime, for your problem, maybe you should try calling the helpline. Every time I tried that, they helped me the same day, for free.

Good luck !


 

Faustine Roux  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
English to French
Maybe... Jan 21, 2016

Esther, maybe this is a silly question, but could it be that you accidentally clicked on the little TV icon (under the "tool" tab) ? When I do that, the text disappear, the video is in the middle of the screen and the safe area outline disappears too. Once I "unclick" the TV icon, it's back to normal.

Just a thought...


 

Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:59
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Jan 21, 2016

Hi Esther,

If you are still having trouble with SWIFT, and if Faustine's suggestions don't work, please contact SWIFT's development coordinator via email jordan.barrera@grassvalley.com . She will forward your complaint to the tech support, and you'll get the answer you need.

Hope this works.

[Edited at 2016-01-21 16:04 GMT]


 

Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:59
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No... Jan 21, 2016

Faustine Roux wrote:

Esther, maybe this is a silly question, but could it be that you accidentally clicked on the little TV icon (under the "tool" tab) ? When I do that, the text disappear, the video is in the middle of the screen and the safe area outline disappears too. Once I "unclick" the TV icon, it's back to normal.

Just a thought...


Hi Faustine,

I got very excited there for a minute but no, that's not it. When I click the little TV for VideoMode, the review screen moves into the current subtitle in my subtitle list, which is correct behaviour as far as I know. (Swift is on its best behaviour today so the subtitles and safe area outline are visible in both these modes).

Esther


 

Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:59
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 21, 2016

Max Deryagin wrote:

Hi Esther,

If you are still having trouble with SWIFT, and if Faustine's suggestions don't work, please contact SWIFT's development coordinator via email jordan.barrera@grassvalley.com . She will forward your complaint to the tech support, and you'll get the answer you need.

Hope this works.

[Edited at 2016-01-21 16:04 GMT]


Hi Max,
Thanks for that address, Max. In the past when I've tried to contact Grassvalley for info on an upgrade, it took many days to get in touch with the correct person. It's good to have a specific address. As for now, Swift is back to normal so hopefully I won't need to chase it up.

Thanks again,
Esther


 

Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 19:59
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anytime Jan 21, 2016

Faustine Roux wrote:

Hi Esther,

It's good to know you're an experienced Swift user. I do have a recurring problem with it sometimes, so I might ask you some advice some day.
In the meantime, for your problem, maybe you should try calling the helpline. Every time I tried that, they helped me the same day, for free.

Good luck !


Anytime, Faustine. Fingers crossed it won't be necessary.icon_smile.gif


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SWIFT subtitles hidden under video layer

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search