Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >
Netflix Hermes test
Thread poster: Magdalena Adamus
saretton
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Disappointment May 23

I tried and failed the test for Italian language some time ago, with 75.33%.
Here's the updated message on my Hermes dashboard:

"If you are an applicant who has applied for individual consideration, we thank you for taking the Hermes subtitling test. Your completed tests have been received and stored. Unfortunately, your results at this time do not reach the required threshold for your language for further consideration and correction of section 5. The threshold is based on your average score from the first four sections and derived from the top performers and overall percentile unique to each language. Please save your Hermes # for identification in the future should there be any new developments.

If you are an applicant who has applied in association with a vendor(s), thank you for taking the Hermes subtitling test. At this time, your score is available here for you to view and discuss with the vendor(s) with which you are associated. Please save your Hermes # for identification in the future."

I find it extremely disappointing from an organizational point of view. On the one hand, I understand that in this way they don't need to submit further tests or something like that to the applicants; but on the other hand, I wasted my time translating those subtitles and they will never be reviewed or corrected - maybe my job was fine, after all, even though I failed the multiple choice due to high threshold percentiles for my language. I will never know.
With a little more organization before launching this Hermes thing, they could've split the whole process in two steps and saved more time, I guess, both from our and from their point of view.
I'm very disappointed.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Alexander Ivashkevich  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:02
Member (2016)
English to Russian
+ ...
Threshold met Jun 6

Hi, everyone! I have met the threshold with 86% in Eng-Rus pair.
I actually didn't find the test too difficult. There were some nuances but in general it was fine.

BTW, they didn't send me any congratulations emails or anything like that. It's been only yesterday that I've remembered of the thing and logged into Hermes dashboard to see if there's any feedback there.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sara Todaro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:02
Member (2016)
Japanese to Italian
+ ...
Italian test Jun 6

Greetings, everyone.
I submitted the English-Italian test today. My result of 85,33% was under the acceptable threshold for Italian, apparently. Regardless, it's been an interesting experience.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
MatteoMolinari
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Met italian threshold 92% Jun 6

Hi! I met the threshold with 92% in Eng-Ita pair.
They didn't send me any email either.
Actually I did the test a month ago, I even send them an email asking for some info, and I haven't heard from them yet.
Does anyone know something more?

Thanks,
Matteo


Direct link Reply with quote
 
tintin76
English to Chinese
Don't expect too much Jun 6

MatteoMolinari wrote:

Hi! I met the threshold with 92% in Eng-Ita pair.
They didn't send me any email either.
Actually I did the test a month ago, I even send them an email asking for some info, and I haven't heard from them yet.
Does anyone know something more?

Thanks,
Matteo


Congrats. But the best approach is probably forgetting about this and continuing living your life. Then, one day, a good surprise might come to you...


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Lubosh
Czech Republic
English-Czech Jun 17

Hi, anyone from Czech Republic who took the test for English-Czech. I passed with 89.5% and I think my phase 5 was pretty good too. I did the test 4 days ago and I wanted to know if anyone got their job already or any reply after test at all and how long after the test? Thanks for reply everyone.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Victor Cadenas
Venezuela
Local time: 17:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
The waiting game. Jun 17

Lubosh wrote:

Hi, anyone from Czech Republic who took the test for English-Czech. I passed with 89.5% and I think my phase 5 was pretty good too. I did the test 4 days ago and I wanted to know if anyone got their job already or any reply after test at all and how long after the test? Thanks for reply everyone.


Welcome to the waiting game. You should get comfortable.

This is pretty much the most serious hub I have found regarding this topic, and it has been pretty much dead since about a month ago.

As someone else said above, it is best to forget about it and move on with other stuff for now.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
marutimon
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Whatever Jun 19

Did the test yesterday. English - Polish. 95,67%

I have a very strong hunch that time is also part of the mix. Did the whole test in 47 minutes instead of the total time limit of 130 minutes, so I'm thinking that might have impacted my score.

A couple of questions / choices were poor in my opinion. Could have gone either way, noted a few questions where I'm pretty sure there were two good answers, but you can only select one. In general found the multiple choice part very odd and think Netflix haven't thought the system through...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Cem_Kent
Spain
Local time: 23:02
Member (Aug 2017)
English to German
+ ...
tech issue in test / no reply yet Jun 26

Hi guys,
I did the English-German test 2 weeks ago. As my browser couldn't play the videos in part 3 I got 0 points in that part and thus, failed. I then sent an e-mail to them, asking if I could re-do part 3. Still no answer. After having read the comments here I tried to register / apply again, logged in with my H-number, but still, on the page I see my result.
Does anyone know what I can do now? I sent them 2-3 mails and no answer yet. What happens if I register with another e-mail address? Can I start the whole progress from 0 and do the test again (with a new H-number)?
Thanks!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
MatteoMolinari
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Redoing test Jun 29

Cem_Kent wrote:

Hi guys,
I did the English-German test 2 weeks ago. As my browser couldn't play the videos in part 3 I got 0 points in that part and thus, failed. I then sent an e-mail to them, asking if I could re-do part 3. Still no answer. After having read the comments here I tried to register / apply again, logged in with my H-number, but still, on the page I see my result.
Does anyone know what I can do now? I sent them 2-3 mails and no answer yet. What happens if I register with another e-mail address? Can I start the whole progress from 0 and do the test again (with a new H-number)?
Thanks!



Hi, you just need to subscribe again with a new phone number, you can use the same mail.

Best regards
Matteo


Direct link Reply with quote
 
rachele_p
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:02
English to Italian
+ ...
tehcnical issues phase 4 Jun 29

Hi guys,

I've also experienced some technical issues. Everything worked fine until I started phase 4, and I couldn't see any subtitles on screen, and therefore wasn't able to answer the questions. I close the browser window to stop the timer, and sent an email to the hermes technical support, but I haven't receveid an answer yet. Has anyone had the same problem and know a possible solution?
(I checked the settings for Flash on chrome, and everything seems fine, so I don't really know what the problem is!)

Thanks!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

yuki_mayall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:02
Member (May 2017)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Try Opera? Jun 30

rachele_p wrote:

Hi guys,

I've also experienced some technical issues. Everything worked fine until I started phase 4, and I couldn't see any subtitles on screen, and therefore wasn't able to answer the questions. I close the browser window to stop the timer, and sent an email to the hermes technical support, but I haven't receveid an answer yet. Has anyone had the same problem and know a possible solution?
(I checked the settings for Flash on chrome, and everything seems fine, so I don't really know what the problem is!)

Thanks!



Hello!

I had the same problem when I took the test a while ago.

I almost gave up after wasting so much time out of the allocated minutes by stopping the timer repeatedly, trying everything I could think of (re-installing Chrome, the Flash player, on a PC and a Mac, messing with the antivirus software, etc) . Sent an email to the support team but received no reply.

Before giving up completely, I decided to try different browsers and bingo! 'Opera' did the job for me.

Good luck!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Cem_Kent
Spain
Local time: 23:02
Member (Aug 2017)
English to German
+ ...
new phone number - now passed the test! Jul 3

Hi Matteo,
thanks a lot for the advice! I registered with a new no. yesterday and this time I passed the first 4 parts of the test (English-German, about 85%).

Will I ever hear from Netflix again? I see people here writing that they have been waiting for a response from Netflix for a long time.

Regards
Cem


MatteoMolinari wrote:

Cem_Kent wrote:

Hi guys,
I did the English-German test 2 weeks ago. As my browser couldn't play the videos in part 3 I got 0 points in that part and thus, failed. I then sent an e-mail to them, asking if I could re-do part 3. Still no answer. After having read the comments here I tried to register / apply again, logged in with my H-number, but still, on the page I see my result.
Does anyone know what I can do now? I sent them 2-3 mails and no answer yet. What happens if I register with another e-mail address? Can I start the whole progress from 0 and do the test again (with a new H-number)?
Thanks!



Hi, you just need to subscribe again with a new phone number, you can use the same mail.

Best regards
Matteo


Direct link Reply with quote
 
MatteoMolinari
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I hope so Jul 3

Haven't heard from them either.
At this time all we can do is just wait and hope


Cem_Kent wrote:

Hi Matteo,
thanks a lot for the advice! I registered with a new no. yesterday and this time I passed the first 4 parts of the test (English-German, about 85%).

Will I ever hear from Netflix again? I see people here writing that they have been waiting for a response from Netflix for a long time.

Regards
Cem


MatteoMolinari wrote:

Cem_Kent wrote:

Hi guys,
I did the English-German test 2 weeks ago. As my browser couldn't play the videos in part 3 I got 0 points in that part and thus, failed. I then sent an e-mail to them, asking if I could re-do part 3. Still no answer. After having read the comments here I tried to register / apply again, logged in with my H-number, but still, on the page I see my result.
Does anyone know what I can do now? I sent them 2-3 mails and no answer yet. What happens if I register with another e-mail address? Can I start the whole progress from 0 and do the test again (with a new H-number)?
Thanks!



Hi, you just need to subscribe again with a new phone number, you can use the same mail.

Best regards
Matteo


[Edited at 2017-07-03 14:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-07-03 14:50 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
rachele_p
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:02
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 4

yuki_mayall wrote:

Hello!

I had the same problem when I took the test a while ago.

I almost gave up after wasting so much time out of the allocated minutes by stopping the timer repeatedly, trying everything I could think of (re-installing Chrome, the Flash player, on a PC and a Mac, messing with the antivirus software, etc) . Sent an email to the support team but received no reply.

Before giving up completely, I decided to try different browsers and bingo! 'Opera' did the job for me.

Good luck!




Thank you so much for the advice!
I'll definitely try that


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix Hermes test

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search