Complex Conform and Origination meaning?
Thread poster: Okal

Okal
Estonia
Sep 29, 2017

Hello to all,

I have experinece translating subtitles, I am working for local companines and are not familiar with the English terminology. Today I got a job offer that contains a few terms I could not find a meaning to when Googling.

They are decribing tasks as:
1. Complex Conform
2. Origination

What could be meant by these? What I usually do and am qualified to do is having a timed template, which I translate to Estonian with the help of the video file. I don't do time cueing.

Nadja Wolf
English to German
+ ...
Complex Conform Nov 8, 2017

Hey Okal!

It's been a while since you posted your question but maybe you still need an answer.icon_smile.gif

Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting, cueing (setting in and out cues). As I understand from your post this is not what you usually do. I'm rather uncertain whether this also includes the translation part.

Hope that helps.
Best,
n*

tekstiabiline  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 20:22
Estonian to English
+ ...
Thanks Nov 9, 2017

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complex Conform and Origination meaning?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search