Subtitle Workshop files
Thread poster: saggi
saggi
saggi
Hindi to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2007

Hi all. I normally use WinCaps or PMWin but this time I'm using Subtitle Workshop for the first time. However, the list of options it gives me to save file don't seem to be compatible with the client's software. I tried a few of the .txt options but the client can read my two lines as one. Does anyone know what I need to do to save my file as a normal .stl or even .txt file?

Alternatively, I could ask the client to send me an empty time cued file, but if it's .stl or .txt, will SW
... See more
Hi all. I normally use WinCaps or PMWin but this time I'm using Subtitle Workshop for the first time. However, the list of options it gives me to save file don't seem to be compatible with the client's software. I tried a few of the .txt options but the client can read my two lines as one. Does anyone know what I need to do to save my file as a normal .stl or even .txt file?

Alternatively, I could ask the client to send me an empty time cued file, but if it's .stl or .txt, will SW be able to access it?

Otherwise it's quite good, I think, considering it's free, it's pretty good for basic stuff, I guess?

Thanks in advance
saggi
Collapse

Fernando Tognis
Fernando Tognis  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:18
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
hope it helps Feb 6, 2007

Hi, Saggi.
Two months ago I subtitled a video and used DivxLand. There were many programs that couldn’t show subtitles properly. However, I tried to reproduce the files and subtitles with BSplayer and it worked right!
Perhaps you should tell your client to try that software.
Regards,
Fernando

saggi
saggi
Hindi to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Fernando Feb 9, 2007

Fernando Tognis wrote:

Hi, Saggi.
Two months ago I subtitled a video and used DivxLand. There were many programs that couldn’t show subtitles properly. However, I tried to reproduce the files and subtitles with BSplayer and it worked right!
Perhaps you should tell your client to try that software.
Regards,
Fernando

Thanks, Fernando. I finally tried to save the file as .text, and that has worked. But Subtitle Workshop isn't something I'm familiar with. Am still getting to grips with it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle Workshop files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »