[Subtitling Rates] Anyone know the subtitling price from English to Chinese?
Thread poster: lxh
lxh
Apr 29, 2007

Hello all,

I am a newer of subtitling work, and now I am discussing the subtitling price with client. Anyone know the subtitling price for subtitling from English to Simplified Chinese? in USD please.

1) subtitle translation
2) timing
3) burning translated subtitles on the movie/DVD
4) or total of all above

Thank you!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-03-15 18:16 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:12
French to Spanish
+ ...
Where for? For who? What kind of material? Conditions? Apr 29, 2007

I see you are in China.
Is your client in China, is he a private company, government, little client, huge one, do you know him, or is he abroad, and same questions? And, what kind of material? Short, motion picture, a lot of dialogues, do you have a dialogue list? When are they going to pay you, how many copies, if so, without menu, with menu (what kind), etc...?
As you see, there are a lot of factors to consider, in China, in France, in Mexico, wherever.
Best of luck.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Subtitling Rates] Anyone know the subtitling price from English to Chinese?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search