Swedish translation weblog
Thread poster: Billy McCormac
Billy McCormac
Local time: 08:05
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2004

Hello everybody,
I'm writing to let you know that I've started a translation weblog, or "blog" as they're called in web parlance. (Check out blogger.com for more info) The blog's posts will address difficult and/or interesting translation problems and serve as a discussion forum for readers. You are all welcome to drop by and contribute.

NB: This is in no way an attempt to compete with proz.com. Points will not be awarded and jobs will not be posted. The blog is just a way for me to jot down thoughts, musings and observations that crop up during translation projects. The blog tool is searchable and enables me to categorize. I hope that together we can create a serious database for translators who want to go the extra mile. A final note: contributors who use abusive language or otherwise violate common netiquette will be banned indefinitely.

Here's the URL: http://lagomduktig.gnomeblog.com/blog

Kind regards,
Billy McCormac

Footnote: I've now registered the following domain name: www.lagomduktig.net

It should be up and running by this coming Monday. Until then the above-cited URL will work just fine.

What's a blog?

A blog, or weblog, is a personal Web site updated frequently with links, commentary and anything else you like. New items go on top and older items flow down the page. Blogs can be political journals and/or personal diaries; they can focus on one narrow subject or range across a universe of topics. The blog form is unique to the Web -- and highly addictive. (salon.com)

[Edited at 2004-06-04 07:01]

[Edited at 2004-06-04 08:25]

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine Brix
Local time: 08:05
Swedish to English
+ ...
Thanks Billy Jun 21, 2004

Superb work. I try to drop in as often as possible for a daily wake-up call. This site should definitely be on every Swedish to English translator's must-do list. Thanks for sharing.
Catherine

[Edited at 2004-06-21 07:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Swedish translation weblog

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search