Freelancer, tax returns in Sweden
Thread poster: Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
German to English
Mar 1, 2006

Hello,

Sorry, but my Swedish is not yet up to writing a text like this!

Does anyone know where I can go for advice on what I can claim as expenses when filling in my tax return?

I work as a freelancer and am registered as such in Sweden.

When I worked in Germany I could claim a percentage of my rent, electricity, oil etc. as well as a certain amount for kilometers when I drove anywhere to buy anything for my work or to visit customers etc.

I am not sure how this works in Sweden. Does anyone know where I can can get some free/ cheap advice, but in English?

I have looked on the Skatteverket website but can't find anything relevant. I also received some informaiton on courses run by Skatteverket but they are only in Swedish.

Maybe by next year my Swedish will be better but the May deadline is looming!

Thanks in advance,

Louise

Direct link Reply with quote

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Swedish exercise ;-) Mar 1, 2006

Hiello,

Go to:
http://www.skatteverket.se/svarpavanligafragor/foretagstartaeget/foretagallmannafragorfaq/5.10010ec103545f243e8000560.html

Om du använder en särskilt inrättad lokal i din bostad för näringsverksamheten får du avdrag för en skälig del av de löpande utgifterna som värme, ström, vatten och förslitning. Du får också göra avdrag för de utgifter som direkt hör till näringsverksamheten, t.ex. utgifter för speciell ventilation. För mer allmänna kostnader får du inte avdrag. Har du till exempel reparerat och målat hela husfasaden får du inte dra av någon del av utgifterna i näringsverksamheten.

I'm sure you can interpret this for yourself

Please feel free to call me for more.

Mats J C Wiman
Übersetzer/Translator/Traducteur/Traductor > swe
http://www.Deutsch-Schwedisch.com
http://www.proz.com/pro/1749
(Proz.com moderator, deu>swe, Swedish)
Träsk 201
S-872 97 Skog
Schweden/Sweden/Suède/Suecia
Tel : +46-612-54112
Fax : +46-612-54181 on demand
Mobile: +46-70-5769797
eMail : MatsWiman@tele2.se

Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
Contact a professional Mar 1, 2006

Hi Louise,

So, you want to know how to keep some of your hard earned money. There's actually loads of information, but you'll probably find most in Swedish. Skattemyndigheten
has loads of fun brochures like Skatteregler för enskilda näringsidkare and Momsbroschyren. All filled with helpful hints about deductions. But you need the Swedish. Same with Björn Lundén Information - loads of courses in the Stockholm and Göteborg areas this time of year - not to mention all the books, but again, you'll need Swedish.

If you don't know someone who thinks pouring through this kind of material and then explaining it to you is the best way to spend a weekend, I recommend you contact a professional. Not only will they fill out the form for you, they probably know a few extra deductions making it a wise investment in money and time.

And after all, we all know what we think about amateurs dabbling in our profession - let's let the accountants do what they do best so we can do what we do best.

Good luck,
Catherine

Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
A book Mar 1, 2006

I have a book that I have found very helpful that you should be able to find in your local library. It's called "Enskild firma" and is published by Björn Lundén information. It is in Swedish, but is relatively easy to understand compared to Skatteverket's publications.

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
Swedish to English
Help is available! Mar 4, 2006

If you are based in Sweden and an EU citizen you can get help through the regional enterprise agencies that come under the Starta eget umbrella. I know several expatriates from the UK and Germany who have received advice and mentoring in their own language through the minefield that is Swedish taxation (not exactly simple in your own language either!). The tax office also organise introductory seminars in various languages as well.

I have pasted a couple of links for you below.

Ben

http://www.startaeget.se/
http://www.mamut.com/se/startaeget/
http://www.infoteket.se/starta_eget/

Louise Mawbey  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 8, 2006

Thanks very much for all your help everyone. I'll look into all your suggestions.

Louise

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
Swedish to English
A free event that may interest you! Mar 9, 2006

This event may intererest you, Ben.

INBJUDAN

TEMAKVÄLL

Tisdagen den 21 Mars kl. 18:00 2006

adress:Torsgatan 21 Bonnierhuset, plan 3

I regi Stockholms NyföretagarCentrum

Kvällens Värdar

Öhrlings PricewaterhouseCoopers

samt Företagarna

Intressant program för nyföretagare med mingel och förtäring. Här knyter du kontakter och utvidgar Ditt personliga nätverk.

Glöm inte visitkorten!

18:00

Kvällens agenda

Susanna Baconcini VD på Stockholms NyföretagarCentrum hälsar välkomna och introducerar kvällens värdar.

18:15

”Aktiebolag eller inte aktiebolag, that´s the question”

Eva Nielsen från ”Öhrlings PriceWaterhouseCoopers” beskriver de viktigaste skillnaderna mellan aktiebolag och enskilt företag när man driver rörelse/verksamhet.

18:45

Öka din ekonomiska trygghet

Lisa Strand och Hans Fredriksson från ”Företagarna” informerar om medlemskap och försäkringar för nyföretagare.

Susanna Baconcini

VD

Avrundar kvällen och tackar för …

Samt inbjuder till Förfriskningar med förtäring,

som kvällens värdar står för

Boka Dig omgående för att vara säker på att Du får plats.

info@nyforetagarcentrum.orgeller på tel. 08-32 45 10

Anmälan senast den 15 Mars

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelancer, tax returns in Sweden

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search