Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
Local time: 06:07
German to Polish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2007

Hi,

This Easter we'll have a family from Sweden celebrating with us. They come with their daughter (nearly 7 years old).

I know that in some countries it is customary to give Easter presents. Is Sweden one of those countries?

Apart from little chocolate bunnies or eggs, in Poland (at least in my area) we don't cultivate a tradition of giving pressies at Easter.

So... if a Swedish child is expecting an Easter gift, would there be any traditiona
... See more
Hi,

This Easter we'll have a family from Sweden celebrating with us. They come with their daughter (nearly 7 years old).

I know that in some countries it is customary to give Easter presents. Is Sweden one of those countries?

Apart from little chocolate bunnies or eggs, in Poland (at least in my area) we don't cultivate a tradition of giving pressies at Easter.

So... if a Swedish child is expecting an Easter gift, would there be any traditional/ obvious ideas what to get her? Or shall we just give her something we think she might like?

Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Agnieszka

[Zmieniono o 2007-04-04 14:54]
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:07
Member (2004)
English to Italian
A Saab? Apr 4, 2007

joking apart, I think an Easter egg would be fine. Maybe one with a little surprise inside.

Giovanni

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
An Easter egg Apr 4, 2007

Hi,

Yes we do have an Easter present, which every child 3-15 (up to the age of confirmation) expects to get an Easter egg at Easter, the bigger the better, varying inversely with age.

It is a cardboard egg-shaped double-shell, decorated with Easter themes on the outside.
See: http://hem.passagen.se/sojson/pask/pask4.htm

The content is of course the
... See more
Hi,

Yes we do have an Easter present, which every child 3-15 (up to the age of confirmation) expects to get an Easter egg at Easter, the bigger the better, varying inversely with age.

It is a cardboard egg-shaped double-shell, decorated with Easter themes on the outside.
See: http://hem.passagen.se/sojson/pask/pask4.htm

The content is of course the important thing. It should be a potpourrie of sweet things like chocolate, toffees, fudge, jelly, liquorice etc.

A red band around the egg is recommended (see link)

Also, every adult and child expect the boiled egg to be decorated with water resistant paint.

Mats J C Wiman
Träsk 201
872 97 Skog
SWEDEN
Tel : 0046-612-54112
Fax : 0046-612-54181
Mobile : 0046-70-5769797
eMail : [email protected]
Collapse

Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
15+ Apr 4, 2007

And the Easter eggs should of course be hidden somewhere around the house by the Easter bunny - even my 16 year old still expects this

Glad Påsk!
Cecilia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Easter gift for a Swedish child

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »