Icelandic language certificates
Thread poster: bello82

bello82
Local time: 16:05
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 18, 2010

Could anyone help me please?

I am currently self-learning Icelandic and I cannot find any language exam like the PETS for example to prove that I can speak it at a basic level. I attended a six month course at the University College London but I did not receive any certificate. It was quite expensive and a waste of time : I couldn't interact with my colleagues because they had difficulties in learning and the lecturer had to repeat the vowels all the time. That's why I decided to continue on my own.

Does anyone know if there are any Icelandic language exams that demonstrate a person's knowledge of the language? I was going to ask the Icelandic embassy but I wanted to consult you professional translators first.

I would really appreciate any piece of advice.

Thank you very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Robin Fournier  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:05
English to French
+ ...
ICelandic Jan 12, 2011

Hi,

I'm learning Icelandic on my own too, and I know that if you want to get a certificate you need to go to Iceland for a summer course or any longer course...

I know you can find information on "icelandiconline.com".

Best regards,

Robin

[Edited at 2011-01-12 12:56 GMT]

bello82
Local time: 16:05
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for answering. Jan 12, 2011

Hi,

thank you. I had a look at the website and the Icelandic course online is very interesting. I noticed that they have a course called Icelandic Plus as a distance learning and they issue a certificate. However, I am planning to go and stay in Iceland for a while to learn it properly.

How do you find the language? I find it so amazing;)

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Icelandic language certificates

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search