https://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/194714-french_language_summer_course_in_france.html

French language summer course in France.
Thread poster: Paul Adie

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2011

Dear all,

I would like to know if you had any suggestions of a good French language summer course in France, two or four weeks long, around 4-6 hours per day, most probably in August. I don't think Paris would be a viable option, as I keep hearing that it's so expensive. Even if you have any suggestions of where would be nice to spend the summer in France, I could then look on the internet to see if there are any schools in the area.

Merci beaucoup!

Paul.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:48
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Montpellier Mar 19, 2011

Paul Adie wrote:

Dear all,

I would like to know if you had any suggestions of a good French language summer course in France, two or four weeks long, around 4-6 hours per day, most probably in August. I don't think Paris would be a viable option, as I keep hearing that it's so expensive. Even if you have any suggestions of where would be nice to spend the summer in France, I could then look on the internet to see if there are any schools in the area.

Merci beaucoup!

Paul.

I know that there are possibilities in Montpellier, which is a university town very close to the Mediterranean, and very close to where I live. There are schools which make use of student accommodation (vacatd for the summer). Can't help at the moment with anything more specific.

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:48
Member (2010)
English to French
CLA Besançon Mar 20, 2011

hello.

I studied in Besançon (East of France, mid-sized town not far from Switzerland). The University has a center of applied linguistic (CLA) specialized in teaching French to foreign people.

A lot of foreign students spend sometime there bejore joining standard University courses in French.

you'll find all the informations at:

http://cla.univ-fcomte.fr/... See more
hello.

I studied in Besançon (East of France, mid-sized town not far from Switzerland). The University has a center of applied linguistic (CLA) specialized in teaching French to foreign people.

A lot of foreign students spend sometime there bejore joining standard University courses in French.

you'll find all the informations at:

http://cla.univ-fcomte.fr/

good luck!

[Edited at 2011-03-20 17:00 GMT]
Collapse

Carla Avenia Koency  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
A warning Mar 21, 2011

Whatever you do, avoid at all costs the Centre Internationale d´Antibes. It's overpriced for the quality of language training they offer, they are poorly organized and have deplorable customer service skills.

There are many language schools over the summer on the riviera, but if you want to save money, I would go somewhere else. I heard there are good ones in Aix, Lyon and Grenoble.

Just a heads up!

Maria Matta  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:48
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Alliance Française Mar 21, 2011

Since you live in Spain, you might be interested in following one of the courses organized by the Alliance Française.

They have courses all over France and some French-speaking countries, and most of the centres they work with have a good reputation for French language teaching - not only Alliances Françaises but private language schools as well.

You can visit their website at www.afes
... See more
Since you live in Spain, you might be interested in following one of the courses organized by the Alliance Française.

They have courses all over France and some French-speaking countries, and most of the centres they work with have a good reputation for French language teaching - not only Alliances Françaises but private language schools as well.

You can visit their website at www.afestancias.org and look into their catalogue, it has many cities and types of courses (I don't think I am advertising here, but if I am, please let me know).

Good luck in learning that beautiful language!

Maria

[Edited at 2011-03-21 18:33 GMT]
Collapse

Marion Sadoux
China
Local time: 00:48
English to French
+ ...
Try the Cavilam Jun 5, 2011

The Cavilam is a government funded centre for teaching and learning French as foreign language.
They are based in Vichy which is a lovely small town not far from Lyon or Saint Etienne, already southern at heart....
Do check their website http://www.cavilam.fr
They are professional and inspirational.
Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French language summer course in France.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »