comics and translation
Thread poster: Silvia Mo
Jun 6, 2011

Hello everyone!

I am new on proz.com and I am an Italian student looking for a subject for my university dissertation.

I am interested in British comics and I am asking you some advice on British graphic novels or comics that have been translated into Italian. Does anyone know something interesting on this topic to recommend me?? The more culture-rooted the comics, the better for my dissertation because it is going to be more interesting and original!

Thank
... See more
Hello everyone!

I am new on proz.com and I am an Italian student looking for a subject for my university dissertation.

I am interested in British comics and I am asking you some advice on British graphic novels or comics that have been translated into Italian. Does anyone know something interesting on this topic to recommend me?? The more culture-rooted the comics, the better for my dissertation because it is going to be more interesting and original!

Thank you!!

Silvia
Collapse

Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:41
Member (2008)
English to French
I have an idea for Italian to English.... Jun 7, 2011

Milo Manara: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Manara

He's a wonderful writer & artist; many of his comics are of the erotic type but many more are not so you'd be able to pick & choose those you want to highlight in your dissertation.

If you absolutely want British English - > Italian, a good place to start would be look at these 60 or so graphic novelists: ...
See more
Milo Manara: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Manara

He's a wonderful writer & artist; many of his comics are of the erotic type but many more are not so you'd be able to pick & choose those you want to highlight in your dissertation.

If you absolutely want British English - > Italian, a good place to start would be look at these 60 or so graphic novelists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:British_comics_writers and see which ones have been translated to Italian.
Collapse

Silvia Mo
TOPIC STARTER
comics english-->italian Jun 7, 2011

thanks Arianne!

Actually, the couple English--> Italian is what I am interested in and what I'm looking for is comics with humour, not only for children but even for adults. And I still have to find comics of this type translated into Italian. I guess it is because humour is deeply culture-rooted but I find the topic very interesting from the point of view of translation and I don't want to give up my research!

Anyway, thanks for your help!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

comics and translation

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search