https://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/220214-new_york_university_nyu_masters_in_translation_admissions_exam_2012.html

New York University NYU Masters in Translation Admissions Exam (2012)
Thread poster: rosaboricua (X)
rosaboricua (X)
rosaboricua (X)
Mar 10, 2012

Has anyone recently taken the admissions exam for the NYU MS in Translation. I am preparing for it in Spanish/English. What is the essay about? I'm wondering since I've already written the essay while filling out the admissions application form. So, just curious.

Any steps you all would recommend to prepare for the actual translation aspect of the exam? Thank you.

rosaboricua (X)
rosaboricua (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Took the exam and passed it Mar 28, 2012

Never mind...I took the test and passed it.

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 05:24
Member (2011)
English to German
Congratulations! Mar 30, 2012

Hello rosaboricua,

Nice to hear, that you have passed the exam. Congratulations!

I have also been thinking about going to school or rather studying again. Therefore, it would be interesting to hear a little more from you about the NYU.
... See more
Hello rosaboricua,

Nice to hear, that you have passed the exam. Congratulations!

I have also been thinking about going to school or rather studying again. Therefore, it would be interesting to hear a little more from you about the NYU.

1. Will you be studying online?

2. How long will it take you to get your MA?

3. Is the MA for one language direction or for both?

4. Where will you take the final exam? Online or in New York?

5. How much will it cost you or is it possible to apply for a scholarship? Sorry, but I have
just recently moved to the USA and have no idea how all this works.

Questions upon questions…

Best,

Marina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New York University NYU Masters in Translation Admissions Exam (2012)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »