Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:06
French to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2012

Dear all,

Version 2.0 of my French pronunciation app for iPhone, "Utter French!", has just been released to the app store.

The app aims to help learners with pronunciation, by providing recordings of a native speaking pronouncing items of basic French vocab. However, I'm particularly interested in feedback on a new feature recently added to the app: each of the pronunciations is n
... See more
Dear all,

Version 2.0 of my French pronunciation app for iPhone, "Utter French!", has just been released to the app store.

The app aims to help learners with pronunciation, by providing recordings of a native speaking pronouncing items of basic French vocab. However, I'm particularly interested in feedback on a new feature recently added to the app: each of the pronunciations is now accompanied by a phonetic transcription and descriptions of each phonetic symbol.

The aim has been to strike a balance between accuracy and avoiding language that is too technical. But, I'm interested in other people's opinions on how successful I have been in striking that balance. So, if anyone is interested in downloading an evaluation copy of the app, I invite you to use one of the following codes:

H439KHH4WA4T
RHF3PWLHYYFP
4FYFTFLRAM97
M6WRLAMEMHPP

Hope you enjoy and I'll look forward to any feedback that people may have!

Neil
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free evaluation copies of Utter French! pronunciation app

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »