Thread poster: Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
India
Local time: 19:26
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2014

Hi,
I'm teaching Translation Theory and Practice to the university students. In order to support the application of theory to practice, we often craft a set of key ideas or process steps. One of such step is back translation. I want to provide my students some bilingual articles on any General topics which they will use in class to translate in either French or English. Later I will ask them to compare it with the translated text and see if their translation is better or worse.
Can you please give me some websites where I can find bilingual articles in French- English?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Pablo Bianculli
Argentina
Local time: 10:56
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Le Monde Diplomatique Apr 9, 2014

Hi Captain,

Maybe you could check out the website(s) of the Le Monde Diplomatique.

In English here:
http://mondediplo.com/

French version:
monde-diplomatique.fr

You should (pay to) register, but you can do some reading for free too. If the author of an article has a French name in the English website, look for for the original text in the French website, and viceversa.

I think it is more common to have articles translated from French to English, but I am no 100% sure.

Regards.

Sheri P  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
French to English
+ ...
Try the website of the United Nations Apr 10, 2014

The English and French versions of the UN website contain many of the same articles.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 15:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
two options Apr 10, 2014

It shouldn't be hard to find a Canadian newspaper that publishes its articles online in both languages.
Alternatively, you can pick a paragraph or two out of literary works at farkastranslations.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English French Bilingual Articles

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search