Thread poster: Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
India
Local time: 23:21
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2014

Hi,
I'm teaching Translation Theory and Practice to the university students. In order to support the application of theory to practice, we often craft a set of key ideas or process steps. One of such step is back translation. I want to provide my students some bilingual articles on any General topics which they will use in class to translate in either French or English. Later I will ask them to compare it with the translated text and see if their translation is better or worse.
Can you please give me some websites where I can find bilingual articles in French- English?

Thanks

Pablo Bianculli
Argentina
Local time: 14:51
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Le Monde Diplomatique Apr 9, 2014

Hi Captain,

Maybe you could check out the website(s) of the Le Monde Diplomatique.

In English here:
http://mondediplo.com/

French version:
monde-diplomatique.fr

You should (pay to) register, but you can do some reading for free too. If the author of an article has a French name in the English website, look for for the original text in the French website, and viceversa.

I think it is more common to have articles translated from French to English, but I am no 100% sure.

Regards.

Sheri P  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:51
French to English
+ ...
Try the website of the United Nations Apr 10, 2014

The English and French versions of the UN website contain many of the same articles.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 19:51
English to Hungarian
+ ...
two options Apr 10, 2014

It shouldn't be hard to find a Canadian newspaper that publishes its articles online in both languages.
Alternatively, you can pick a paragraph or two out of literary works at farkastranslations.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English French Bilingual Articles

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search