Anyone trying to learn Japanese? Any audio recommendations?
Thread poster: Larisa Migachyov
Larisa Migachyov
United States
Local time: 21:31
Russian to English
Mar 9, 2006

I needed a new linguistic challenge, so I picked up a Japanese textbook; it's certainly proven to be a challenge so far. I'm trying to learn entirely on my own, and I'm OK as far as books and reading materials are concerned, but I lack audio - can someone recommend a good audio resource for learners of Japanese? I'd like to make sure I'm pronouncing everything correctly.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxvrede
Local time: 02:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Teach Yourself Japanese Mar 9, 2006

Larisa Migachyov wrote:

I needed a new linguistic challenge, so I picked up a Japanese textbook; it's certainly proven to be a challenge so far. I'm trying to learn entirely on my own, and I'm OK as far as books and reading materials are concerned, but I lack audio - can someone recommend a good audio resource for learners of Japanese? I'd like to make sure I'm pronouncing everything correctly.

Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:31
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Pimsleur Mar 9, 2006

Pimsleur Japanese. Pimsleur language courses are very good for a quick start in developing speaking skills and oral comprehension.

Anders Olsson
Local time: 06:31
English to Swedish
+ ...
NHK Japanese lessons Mar 9, 2006

Check the following link. I haven´t listened to it myself but since it´s NHK I suppose it´s rather good quality of the lessons.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/

Good luck!

/Anders

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:31
Flemish to English
+ ...
Pimsleur Mar 9, 2006

is quite good. If you want a copy, sent a mail...

Larisa Migachyov
United States
Local time: 21:31
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 9, 2006

That's great; I'll definitely check out all of those.

Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 14:31
Japanese to English
+ ...
Japanese vocabulary Apr 9, 2006

http://www.tangoriki.com/
is a site for Japanese learners of English, but it is fun to test and bursh up your knowledge of Japanese vocabulary, perhaps when you get a bit better.
Tim

Kootvela
Local time: 07:31
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
Japanese Aug 1, 2007

Yesterday I discovered http://www.japanese-online.com/ and I already signed up (free). They have short audio you can listen to in every lesson. It's very neat.

Attila HORVÁTH-MILITICSI  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:31
Hungarian to French
+ ...
About Japanese language learning Aug 21, 2007

Larisa Migachyov wrote:

In Hungary you can find very good videos, by this time also DVD's for the Japanese language.
For begginners you can buy for 1200 Fts (cca 5 euros) a picture dictionnary for 2000 words. The editor is USBORNE. The same book exist in about 3-4 dozen languages. Only problem with it - you have to learn Hungarian to understand it...
On the French side there is a very good Robert dictionnary (two-way dictionnary).
You can try also the Internet, for learning Japanese - you will learn that way with the prononciation in the 20-24 lessons a basic conversation about yourself, the colors, numbers, weather, family, books...
There are some difficulties for people who are not speakers of Hungarian language:
1/ the Japanese like Hungarian is a language which has a lot of suffixes.
2/ the numbers or counting in everyday's life and those for counting precious gems or diamonds, gold are not the same:
For example: Mitsu bishi (3 diamonds -like in the game of cards) in place of Djü bishi.

There is also a PC-game with Asterix & Obelix - and you have there the texts in Japanese, between other languages.

[Edited at 2007-08-21 14:13]

noriooo
English
nice site Oct 19, 2007

Try this: www.hesjapanese.com

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone trying to learn Japanese? Any audio recommendations?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search