https://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/44799-languages_for_babies.html

Languages for babies
Thread poster: adesi
adesi
adesi
English to Spanish
Apr 9, 2006

Does anybody know a book with activities to teach languages to babies?
I would like to teach Spanish to a group of babies. Any suggestions?

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Teaching Babies Apr 10, 2006

Hi,
Regarding language teaching, I know that there are books and journals published by Cambridge Univeristy Press for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. There are lots of different books which have activities that can be adapted according to age group.
Also, BBC and British Council have EFL teaching groups that propose new activities every week... you can get these in your e-mail by subscribing to these groups.
Hope that this is of some help,
Regards,
Ritu Bha
... See more
Hi,
Regarding language teaching, I know that there are books and journals published by Cambridge Univeristy Press for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. There are lots of different books which have activities that can be adapted according to age group.
Also, BBC and British Council have EFL teaching groups that propose new activities every week... you can get these in your e-mail by subscribing to these groups.
Hope that this is of some help,
Regards,
Ritu Bhanot
Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 14:57
German to English
How old are these babies? Apr 10, 2006

Claire Titchmarsh (X)
Claire Titchmarsh (X)  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Make up your own material Apr 10, 2006

Hello

You say they are babies - let's hope they can toddle at least, or you'll be in for a fun time!!

If they are pre-school age they'll love songs, nursery rhymes and action games. I know that all these things are available in English on the internet, you can just download them or print off the pages. I don't know about Spanish but you can probably make up your own if you can't find any.

Have fun!

Nicolette Ri (X)
Nicolette Ri (X)
French to Dutch
+ ...
That makes me think Apr 10, 2006

Of a mother of a boy in the same class of my son. She asked: "When will they get homework?".
They were 3 years old.

For babies, just speak and sing in your own language.

adesi
adesi
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
6 months + Apr 10, 2006

HI!
It will be a group of babies who are from 6 months to toddlers. They are going to participate with their parents so they'll sing too.

adesi
adesi
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 10, 2006

I will try to subscribe online.

thirdmillennium
thirdmillennium
English
I am Looking For a Global Language Teacher for my Sister 1.5 Year old Son. Sep 7, 2006

I'm looking for a Global Language Teacher Toy for my Sisters 1.5 Year old Son. I was thinking maybe it could be inthe way of a TV toy in the form of Software or another Device. Authough I'm not all that hep on getting him attracted to the Television tube, I am interested in teaching him mutiple languages while he is in his most receptive time of learning.

Does anyone have any information they can share?

adesi
adesi
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
DVD's Sep 9, 2006

Maybe you can try Baby Einstein. You have the language option to choose in English, French or Spanish.
Well, the best thing would be to get cd's in different languages.
I hope this helps,
Aurea

I'm looking for a Global Language Teacher Toy for my Sisters 1.5 Year old Son. I was thinking maybe it could be inthe way of a TV toy in the form of Software or another Device. Authough I'm not all that hep on getting him attracted to the Television tube, I am interested i
... See more
Maybe you can try Baby Einstein. You have the language option to choose in English, French or Spanish.
Well, the best thing would be to get cd's in different languages.
I hope this helps,
Aurea

I'm looking for a Global Language Teacher Toy for my Sisters 1.5 Year old Son. I was thinking maybe it could be inthe way of a TV toy in the form of Software or another Device. Authough I'm not all that hep on getting him attracted to the Television tube, I am interested in teaching him mutiple languages while he is in his most receptive time of learning.

Does anyone have any information they can share? [/quote]

[Edited at 2006-09-09 05:43]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Languages for babies

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »