Trados 2011 questions
Thread poster: pollo_hermano
Nov 25, 2011

Dear all,

as I recently found out, there is no trial version for Studio 2011 available yet (and according to the live support chat, it's not in the pipeline either).
There is one thing I'd really like to know: According to the information on SDL's homepage, Trados 2007 is not necessary anymore to use Studio 2011 (other than it had been with 2009).

However, as far as I know, WinAlign was part of Trados 2007. So, does this mean that Studio 2011 finally has a new ali
... See more
Dear all,

as I recently found out, there is no trial version for Studio 2011 available yet (and according to the live support chat, it's not in the pipeline either).
There is one thing I'd really like to know: According to the information on SDL's homepage, Trados 2007 is not necessary anymore to use Studio 2011 (other than it had been with 2009).

However, as far as I know, WinAlign was part of Trados 2007. So, does this mean that Studio 2011 finally has a new alignment editor or did SDL just integrate the old WinAlign into Studio 2011 and thus got rid of the need of installing Trados 2007 with the new version?

It would have been quite a step if there was a new alignment tool which supports the alignment of PDF, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask when looking at passages transferred to a .doc file manually via C&P and without manual correction...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
Local time: 21:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same WinAlign in Studio 2011 Nov 25, 2011

I know this is not the best screenshot, but you can see in the Studio Home there is the Align Translated Documents icon.
http://www.tkshare.com/pic/20101123/20101123214605681.jpeg

If you don't see those icons, go to View > Toolbars > Tools

pollo_hermano
pollo_hermano
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 25, 2011

Thanks for your post, but that wasn't really the information I was looking for - I do know what Studio 2009 looks like, as I own a licence (and I'm aware there's a shortcut to WinAlign in the main view).

Kind regards

[Edited at 2011-11-25 15:58 GMT]

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
Local time: 21:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hope this helps Nov 26, 2011

Sorry.
The reason why Trados 2007 is not necessary is that in Studio 2011 you can work with bilingual files (if document is pretranslated previously in Workbench, for example).

If you have Align, you can see when creating a project the supported files. Unfortunately, PDF is not.

pollo_hermano
pollo_hermano
TOPIC STARTER
More information welcome Dec 1, 2011

Any other thoughts, anyone?

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
WINALIGN IS SAME BUILD IN STUDIO 2011 Dec 18, 2011

December 2011

SDL Trados Studio 2011 ships with the same build (8.3.0863) as Trados Studio 2007,
and comes with the following advisory:

"Licensed to SDL Trados Studio 2011 users
This is a special, undongled version for exclusive use by employees of SDL Trados Studio 2011 users (see legal notice below)."

(!)

mana227
mana227  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:30
Korean to English
+ ...
WinAlign Dec 24, 2011

WinAlign is embeded in Trados 2011, and if you have seperate legacy source/target files, you do have to create a bilingual file with WinAlign.

[Edited at 2011-12-24 06:36 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »