Shakir Azeem
Shakir Azeem
India
Local time: 19:53
English to Tamil
+ ...
Dec 9, 2011

Hi,

I m asked to use Tag Editor for a project instead of the usual Trados Studio 2009 that I use. So, I installed Trados 2007 package, selecting 5 languages during the installation. To start the work, I opened Workbench and created new translation memory, but it just shows only English (various dialects) in Source Language and Target language columns.

How do i get the target language i want, which in my case is Tamil?

I tried to access the tab 'Settings >
... See more
Hi,

I m asked to use Tag Editor for a project instead of the usual Trados Studio 2009 that I use. So, I installed Trados 2007 package, selecting 5 languages during the installation. To start the work, I opened Workbench and created new translation memory, but it just shows only English (various dialects) in Source Language and Target language columns.

How do i get the target language i want, which in my case is Tamil?

I tried to access the tab 'Settings > Target language' but its greyed out. However, my copy is registered and licensed.

Please guide me to set the desired Target language for Work bench and use the TM for Tag editor.

Thanks in advance
shakir
Collapse

Eduardo García Soñanes
Eduardo García Soñanes
Mexico
Local time: 08:23
English to Spanish
You can use Studio 2009 Dec 9, 2011

Shakir,

You can translate the ttx file in Studio 2009. Before you start the translation, go to Options (in Studio) > File Types > TRADOStag > Compatibility and check the "Treat all inline tags as placeholders (disable smart tag pairing)" checkbox. This is to avoid any tag compatibility issues.

When you finish the translation, go to Batch Tasks > Finalize

The resulting file that you will get in the target folder will be the bilingual ttx file, just as if yo
... See more
Shakir,

You can translate the ttx file in Studio 2009. Before you start the translation, go to Options (in Studio) > File Types > TRADOStag > Compatibility and check the "Treat all inline tags as placeholders (disable smart tag pairing)" checkbox. This is to avoid any tag compatibility issues.

When you finish the translation, go to Batch Tasks > Finalize

The resulting file that you will get in the target folder will be the bilingual ttx file, just as if you had translated it in TagEditor.

Good luck
Collapse

Shakir Azeem
Shakir Azeem
India
Local time: 19:53
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many many thanks Dec 9, 2011

Hi Eduardo,

I am glad to know that this can be done in Trados 2009 itself. Many many thanks, i will try this solution.

Thank u once again for clear steps and procedure to handle the task.

Shakir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target Language setting for Tag Editor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »