Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 08:19
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 6, 2008

Hello,

I know that a 1000 times questions involving TMX have been posted here, but after searching the forum, I still could not find the solution for my problem:

I exported a TMX from Trados and then imported into Transit, but Transit still cannot access this as reference material for the fuzzy matches and concordance.

I tried different things:

- exporting from Trados in 1.0 and 1.4 TMX versions, it didn't work
- as reference material, I
... See more
Hello,

I know that a 1000 times questions involving TMX have been posted here, but after searching the forum, I still could not find the solution for my problem:

I exported a TMX from Trados and then imported into Transit, but Transit still cannot access this as reference material for the fuzzy matches and concordance.

I tried different things:

- exporting from Trados in 1.0 and 1.4 TMX versions, it didn't work
- as reference material, I tried both the folder where the imported TMX was as well as another folder with an Extrakt of it, neither worked
- I checked the configuration, everything seems ok: for example, the option "Use min. segment status" is off

I looked for the answer in 2 of the manuals, I couldn't find anything.

What am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate if someone could help me on that!

Kind regards,
Marcos
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Do you have the resulting segmented file? Jun 6, 2008

Hi Marcos,
In my Transit version (3.0, Smart), you have to choose the resulting segmented file in the TMX Import window. Can you open that file as a language pair? If you cannot, this is the problem you have to fix. If you can, you should be able to specify it as a reference file.
HTH,
Attila

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PTB x PTG Jun 6, 2008

Hello Attila

your reply gave a good clue! I tried opening the imported TMX as a language pair and got the following message:

"The file C:\Programs\Transit\Projects\ProjectName.PTG does not exist. Should it be created?"

Then I looked inside the folder and there IS a file like that, except it has a .PTB extension

(PTG is Portuguese, but PTB is Brazilian Portuguese)

That might be the explanation! What do you think? It seems that my Tr
... See more
Hello Attila

your reply gave a good clue! I tried opening the imported TMX as a language pair and got the following message:

"The file C:\Programs\Transit\Projects\ProjectName.PTG does not exist. Should it be created?"

Then I looked inside the folder and there IS a file like that, except it has a .PTB extension

(PTG is Portuguese, but PTB is Brazilian Portuguese)

That might be the explanation! What do you think? It seems that my Transit-Project I created with Portuguese (general, that is, PTG) and my imported TMX is in PTB.
Collapse

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I just can't believe it !!!! Jun 6, 2008

Hello Attila,

I just can't believe it !!!!

That was exactly the problem!

The language variants are shown *in the end* of list in abbreviated form in the Transit configuration.

I know created a new project with the "correct" language, that is, with PTB (Brazilian Portuguese). It worked, wooee!

Transit is a good system, but has some very naughty tricks and in some ways very user unfriendly. Like a strong wild horse you have to tame.<
... See more
Hello Attila,

I just can't believe it !!!!

That was exactly the problem!

The language variants are shown *in the end* of list in abbreviated form in the Transit configuration.

I know created a new project with the "correct" language, that is, with PTB (Brazilian Portuguese). It worked, wooee!

Transit is a good system, but has some very naughty tricks and in some ways very user unfriendly. Like a strong wild horse you have to tame.

Thanks for your insight!

Best regards,
Marcos
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting TMX into Transit

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »