Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:35
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Hello all,

I recently discovered that my spell checker accepted a few words that were obviously wrong.
I think they must have been added to my spell checkers' memory by accident. (I was probably tired and in haste; they are that kind of mistakes).

Is there a way of removing these words? Just to make sure I made myself clear: this is not in the project dictionaries, but in the list/vocabulary of my spell checker.

I work with Transit XV, with add-on spe
... See more
Hello all,

I recently discovered that my spell checker accepted a few words that were obviously wrong.
I think they must have been added to my spell checkers' memory by accident. (I was probably tired and in haste; they are that kind of mistakes).

Is there a way of removing these words? Just to make sure I made myself clear: this is not in the project dictionaries, but in the list/vocabulary of my spell checker.

I work with Transit XV, with add-on spell check for Dutch, German and English and have downloaded and installed every update and service pack I've ever been told to.

Any help appreciated!

Margreet
Collapse

Gerald Dennett
Gerald Dennett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:35
German to English
+ ...
Spellers in Transit XV Feb 12, 2009

Hi Margreet
If you have added words to your spellchecker, you will have a file called SPELL.NED (for Dutch) in your \Transit XV\Config\Users\Margreet folder. This is a text file, and you can edit it in any text editor. I suggest using Transit XV, which is one of the best Unicode text editors around.
Gerald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove words from spell checkers' memory - Transit XV

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »