Transit XV cannot be installed, not a valid installationfolder.
Thread poster: Cecilia Zhou
Cecilia Zhou
Cecilia Zhou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:15
Chinese
+ ...
Mar 31, 2009

I have recently downloaded transit XV servic pack to learn as one of my client requires this software. But I cannot install it.
It always reminds me that "The application folder does not contain a valid Transit/TermStar installation. The service pack can only be installed in a valid Transit/Termstar installation folder."
I tried to find the reason in the Installation Guide, but i failed.

The default folder for installation is "C:/program files".

Can anyon
... See more
I have recently downloaded transit XV servic pack to learn as one of my client requires this software. But I cannot install it.
It always reminds me that "The application folder does not contain a valid Transit/TermStar installation. The service pack can only be installed in a valid Transit/Termstar installation folder."
I tried to find the reason in the Installation Guide, but i failed.

The default folder for installation is "C:/program files".

Can anyone be kindly tell me the causes. Thanks very much.
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:15
German to English
+ ...
service pack = update only Mar 31, 2009

Hi Cecilia,

The service packs are only program updates. You need to install Transit first. Satellite is the free downloadable version of Transit and can be found here.

Note that Satellite does not have the full Transit functionality and you will need projects prepared and sent by your project manager i
... See more
Hi Cecilia,

The service packs are only program updates. You need to install Transit first. Satellite is the free downloadable version of Transit and can be found here.

Note that Satellite does not have the full Transit functionality and you will need projects prepared and sent by your project manager in PXF format.

Cheers,
Jill
Collapse

Cecilia Zhou
China
Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply. Mar 31, 2009

hi, Gillian Scheibelein,
Thank you very much for your reply. So, how can I get the Transit software if I want to use the full version. Do you mean I have to buy it from the Stargroup company.And there is no trial version for free download?

I have downloaded Statellite PE, but just as you have said, i cannot open a file by myself. So I think it is not suitable for me.

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
training + tutorial Mar 31, 2009

Hi Cecilia,

You would have to buy the full version (Smart is cheaper than Professional) if you want to import projects. I don't know what the current pricing is, but probably more than 1000 Euros (worth every cent IMHO). You could ask your project manager to send you a trial project so that you can test Satellite.

BTW, the computer-based training and the tutorial (also on download page) are excellent

Cheers,
Jill

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Transit trial Mar 31, 2009

I don’t know whether they would still support XV sale (since there is NXT), but when I was considering a purchase of Transit XV Pro there was an option to get a free 30-day trial of it from Star people. Not downloaded though, but rather individually assigned.

Finding your "local" Star team might be a good starting point.

HTH

Antonin

Cecilia Zhou
China
Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for both of you! Apr 2, 2009

Thank you very much for both of you. I now get to know how to do. Thanks!

JUJUBE
JUJUBE
English
Just confirm with your client if Full version is required anyway... May 25, 2009

cecilia915 wrote:

Thank you very much for both of you. I now get to know how to do. Thanks!

Hi Cecilia,

If your client knows that you are a freelancer, they would/should consider preparing the project at their side and send you only PXF for use with free Satelliet PE. Because they know that, most of the freelancers do not buy full version but receive .pxf files from clients and open/edit with free Satellite PE. Transit XV is too expensive.

So get a free Satellite PE and ask your client for .pxf....

[Edited at 2009-05-25 07:56 GMT]

Guei Lin
Guei Lin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:15
Chinese to English
+ ...
Solutions for installation? Jul 3, 2009

Hello Cecilia,

I read your postings. I am not sure what to do with the free version. Could you let me know if you have found the solution in order to install the service pack? Thank you.

Guei

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV cannot be installed, not a valid installationfolder.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »