https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/136423-how_to_add_new_dictionaries.html

How to add new dictionaries
Thread poster: Lucía Bermúdez Carballo (X)
Lucía Bermúdez Carballo (X)
Lucía Bermúdez Carballo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 1, 2009

Hi! I have been sent a project in Transit XV with some dictionaries, but the PM realised after a while that she needed me to add a couple of extra mdb dictionaries. I have been looking in the manuals but do not seem to find out how to do that!! Could you give me a hand? It is quite urgent!

Regards,

Lucía Bermúdez

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Which version? Jun 1, 2009

Please specify which version you are using.

I use Transit 3.0 Smart, so the explanation below may be helpful for XV, too.

If you work with Transit 3.0 Satellite version, you may not be able to add dictionaries: you can only use those that have been added to the project by the PM. In higher versions you have to go to Project/Settings, and select the Dictionary tab. To create new dictionaries, you have to go to "File/New", and select "Dictionary/Database".

... See more
Please specify which version you are using.

I use Transit 3.0 Smart, so the explanation below may be helpful for XV, too.

If you work with Transit 3.0 Satellite version, you may not be able to add dictionaries: you can only use those that have been added to the project by the PM. In higher versions you have to go to Project/Settings, and select the Dictionary tab. To create new dictionaries, you have to go to "File/New", and select "Dictionary/Database".

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

Lucía Bermúdez Carballo (X)
Lucía Bermúdez Carballo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding dtb dictionaries in Transit solved Jun 1, 2009

Hi! I finally managed to contact a colleague of my PM's and found out.
Fyi, I use Transit Satellite 3.0.
What I did was the following:
1. Options < data administrator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add new dictionaries

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »