Is it possible to convert a .PPF into a PXF or open a PPF with Transit XV?
Thread poster: Ellh Karlaouzos- Gaston
Ellh Karlaouzos- Gaston
Ellh Karlaouzos- Gaston  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:35
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 16, 2010

Hello,

I received a project with .ppf extension, I downloaded the SP26, but I still can open only pxf files, can someone help me?
I have version 3.1 SP26.

Thanks in advance

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 08:35
English to Danish
Wrong project for Transit Mar 16, 2010

Are you sure your client has packed this as a project for you to handle with Transit?

If you look at this link
http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ppf
you will see three programmes that will open files with this extension, and none of them is Transit.

Ask your client to please send this file as a Transit project (PXF).

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
Transit NXT "compatibility package" is required for Transit XV Mar 16, 2010

In order to enable Transit XV to receive PPFs from Transit NXT, your client should have the so called compatibility package and send it to you along with only your first project. Then Transit XV should be able to deal with any project received as PPF and send it back as TPF as well.

This is how it works. So, simply ask your client to send you this file and install it.
It is completely legal and doesn't require any costs.

Hopefully, tis could help you

... See more
In order to enable Transit XV to receive PPFs from Transit NXT, your client should have the so called compatibility package and send it to you along with only your first project. Then Transit XV should be able to deal with any project received as PPF and send it back as TPF as well.

This is how it works. So, simply ask your client to send you this file and install it.
It is completely legal and doesn't require any costs.

Hopefully, tis could help you

Thanks and regards

Your Arabic Translation Team
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
Sure PPF is a Transit file, it is a Transit NXT file Mar 16, 2010

PCovs wrote:

Are you sure your client has packed this as a project for you to handle with Transit?

If you look at this link
http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ppf
you will see three programmes that will open files with this extension, and none of them is Transit.

Ask your client to please send this file as a Transit project (PXF).

The new Transit NXT exchanges files with the extensions PPF and TPF instead of the usual PXF and TXF in older Transit versions.

Transit XV user still can work on such new projects using the previously mentioned compatibility package.

Thanks and regards

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Not up to date here ;o) Mar 16, 2010

I guess my answer was rather useless as it now appears that I am hopelessly out of synch with Transit.

Sorry about that, but you got your answer elsewhere ;o)

Ellh Karlaouzos- Gaston
Ellh Karlaouzos- Gaston  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you but... Mar 16, 2010

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately my client did'nt say anything about this compatibility package, he told me to download the Service pack and that everything would just work fine. Most unfortunately he's on holiday tomorrow (I have to deliver thursday evening)

Regards

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit NXT-XV compatibility Mar 17, 2010

I confirm this, you can open ppf file in Transit XV but you need the compatibility pack which is not included in the latest service pack (sp26). You need to ask your client to give you the compatibility exe file.
Roberto

lumor
lumor  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Is it possible to convert a .PPF into a PXF or open a PPF with Transit XV? Sep 10, 2010

I have the same issue, I received a PPF file and I am using Transit XV. So I cannot open it.
Roberto, do you know which is the compatibility pack that is not included in the latest service pack (sp26)? Or do you know how can we get it? We asked our client, but they are not sure.

Thanks a lot

Lucila

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
There is a compatibility pack Sep 10, 2010

The name of the file is trnxt_xv.exe and I was given it by local Czech representative of Star since I own both XV and NXT. I am not sure I am entitled to pass it further, probably not - you should try to get it from your representative of Star, I think.

Antonin

Remy Blaettler
Remy Blaettler
German to English
+ ...
Just FYI: Not available anymore Jul 28, 2015

This pack is not available from Transit anymore, since it's about 5 years old.

dingrui357
dingrui357  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:35
German to Chinese
At first SP26, and then the update pack Jul 31, 2015

You must install sp26 at first, and then the update package. If you wish the package, please send a message to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to convert a .PPF into a PXF or open a PPF with Transit XV?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »