Do not segment untranslateable texts in XLS
Thread poster: m_f_g

m_f_g
Local time: 08:05
May 5, 2010

Hi!
I have tables in XLS, but there are a lot of untranslatable texts. I need to import in Transit only texts to be translated. How can I mark unnecessary texts to be not imported?

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:05
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
FFD May 5, 2010

You can do this modifying the XLS FFD, but this requires a deeper knowledge of Transit and the use of regular expressions. A short help on the scratch is not possible here.

Documentation on this can be found in the reference guide (http://www.star-group.net/ENU/transit-termstar-xv-dl/transitxv-termstarxv-techn.html) and the ffd_customize.pdf document which has to be obtained from the Star support directly.

Sorry not to be able to help further,
Geneviève

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not segment untranslateable texts in XLS

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search