Do not segment untranslateable texts in XLS
Thread poster: m_f_g

m_f_g
Local time: 19:57
May 5, 2010

Hi!
I have tables in XLS, but there are a lot of untranslatable texts. I need to import in Transit only texts to be translated. How can I mark unnecessary texts to be not imported?

Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:57
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
FFD May 5, 2010

You can do this modifying the XLS FFD, but this requires a deeper knowledge of Transit and the use of regular expressions. A short help on the scratch is not possible here.

Documentation on this can be found in the reference guide (http://www.star-group.net/ENU/transit-termstar-xv-dl/transitxv-termstarxv-techn.html) and the ffd_customize.pdf document which has to be obtained from the Star support directly.

Sorry not to be able to help further,
Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not segment untranslateable texts in XLS

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search