Importing DVX terminology into Termstar
Thread poster: sarahbenson

sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 14, 2010

I have to work with Transit for a project. I have a small glossary of terms created in DVX that I would like to import into termstar but it keeps crashing or flashing error messages.

I have tried importing it as an excel doc, a CSV and a text file and still can't get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thank you !

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:02
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
More details, please May 25, 2010

This can be due to many thing. Can you be a bit more specific about the error messages you get?

Geneviève

sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error Message May 25, 2010

Hi Geneviève

If I import the terminology as an excel document the error message comes up as 'CreateFile_Error' I have successfully imported terms in Excel format that I have made for this project but the Excel file created by DVX does not import. I have tried removing the DVX generated field headings and still get the same result.

Importing it as text (and in Unicode format) results in an 'Invalid field content' message. I have made sure that the field import combination sequence corresponds to the field order of the exported DVX file but when I try to import this into Transit it effectively skips all the entries and displays ' Invalid field content'

If you can shed any light on this I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Sarah

Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:02
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Never encountered this problem May 26, 2010

Hello Sarah,

I never encountered this problem, thus I have no standard solution for it. I am not too busy at the moment, so if you use XV (the same version as me) you could send me a sample of your import files and your import definition, so I could have a closer look at it. I will keep of course your data confidential.

Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing DVX terminology into Termstar

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search