Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 10:04
German to French
+ ...
Jun 4, 2010

Very basic question, I know, but how can I split a segment in Transit NXT (during the translation, I'm not talking about the Import settings, just about one segment I'd like to split in the middle of the text)?
According to the user manual there should be such a "Split" / "Teilen" feature in the toolbar, but I can't find it.
Here are the screenshots of the features of the "Processing | Translate" tab according to the user manual and o
... See more
Very basic question, I know, but how can I split a segment in Transit NXT (during the translation, I'm not talking about the Import settings, just about one segment I'd like to split in the middle of the text)?
According to the user manual there should be such a "Split" / "Teilen" feature in the toolbar, but I can't find it.
Here are the screenshots of the features of the "Processing | Translate" tab according to the user manual and of my actual toolbar:

I have the Pro version, in case it makes any difference.

[Edited at 2010-06-04 10:13 GMT]
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Probably a bug Jun 4, 2010

You should report it to Star. I cannot find it on my toolbar either (on the other hand, I have never wanted to use it). Perhaps entering a line break would be enough?

Antonin

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 11:04
German to Arabic
+ ...
Switch to the Alignment mode Jun 4, 2010

First you have to activate the Alignment mode by clicking the relevant button in the upper ribbon bar.

Then you should be able to split or join segments.

* Please also remember to deactivate the Alignment mode again after doing the joining\splitting, so that you can continue the translation.

Thanks
ATT

[تم التعديل في 2010-06-04 12:53 GMT]

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 4, 2010

It works indeed when I switch to the Alignment mode!

It is supposed to be available in the Processing | Translate mode too, though.

Anyhow, I don't need it very often either since the check of the segmentation during the import is working well for my needs, I can correct most things at that stage already.

[Edited at 2010-06-04 12:28 GMT]

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 9, 2010

I just noticed it isn't working anymore in my current projects, I'm wondering if it's due to the fact that I'm working on projects with the new viewer feature for doc files?
It's still working with older projects, but in my current projects I can't activate the Alignment mode anymore in the middle of a translation like I used to do to split a segment. Is it working for you?

Edit: I recreated the same project without using the PDF viewer feature and I can't switch to the Alignm
... See more
I just noticed it isn't working anymore in my current projects, I'm wondering if it's due to the fact that I'm working on projects with the new viewer feature for doc files?
It's still working with older projects, but in my current projects I can't activate the Alignment mode anymore in the middle of a translation like I used to do to split a segment. Is it working for you?

Edit: I recreated the same project without using the PDF viewer feature and I can't switch to the Alignment mode either.
But it works for other projects I've created after the SP3 update.

[Edited at 2010-12-10 09:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to split segments in Transit NXT?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »