https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/172778-exporting_transit_nxt_alignment_project_as_tmx.html

Exporting Transit NXT alignment project as TMX
Thread poster: alicat
alicat
alicat
Local time: 05:43
Jun 8, 2010

Hi,
I have finished aligning two files in Transit NXT, and can't find a way to export this alignment project as a TM that I can import into another CAT tool. Is this possible?
Thank you

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 06:43
German to Arabic
+ ...
Creart a new project Jun 8, 2010

Hi Alicat,

I'm not sure, whether there is a way to directly export a TMX from an alignment project.

However, the simplest workaround here is to create a new project with the aligned files as reference material.

Then you can export it from the new project as a TMX.

Thanks and best regards
ATT

alicat
alicat
TOPIC STARTER
Problems exporting Jun 9, 2010

Hi ATT,

Thanks for your reply. I have actually tried this but am now having problems exporting a TMX.

I follow the usual steps: Reference material - TMX interface - export TMX etc., but find that the exported TMX is empty. I have tried this with different language pairs in different projects, with the same problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:43
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
ApSic Xbench is the best tool for such manipulations Jun 23, 2010

Personally, for TMX export, I rather use Apsic Xbench, that can export the major TM formats TMX, offer much, much more flexibility, and a couple of nice supplementary functionalities. You should give a try.

GG.

Wendy Lewin
Wendy Lewin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
language pairs open Jul 30, 2010

I find that Tansit will sometimes create the tmx file on the second attempt and you need to have the language pairs open. I have suffered from empty file syndrome as well but usually after a few tries manage to get a tmx
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting Transit NXT alignment project as TMX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »