Thread poster: Anne E. Fuchs

Anne E. Fuchs
Germany
Local time: 15:03
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2010

Hello everybody,

I am looking for support and I will try to describe the issue as precise as I can. This is the situation:

I have to translate one single project with only one single language pair in Transit XV.
I would like to share this file with another translator.
I have already started to translate and now another translator would like to do so, too.

We have tried to add my language pair as reference material, but then Transit also understands the non-translated segments as translated ones. All configurations are set to only overtake translated segments, but it is not working.

Does anybody know how I could share this project.

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Anne

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Settings in the profile Jun 9, 2010

Anne Fuchs wrote:

We have tried to add my language pair as reference material, but then Transit also understands the non-translated segments as translated ones. All configurations are set to only overtake translated segments, but it is not working.

It is not very clear to me how you are working: Do you make a pretranslation with your colleague's translation or do you use it a reference material while translating?

In the case of a pretranslation, set the minimum status of the reference segment in the project settings on the pretranslation 1/2 tab.

In the case of a translation with reference material, set the minimum status of the reference segment in the profile settings on the Fuzzy index tab.

I hope this helps.

Geneviève

Anne E. Fuchs
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sharing projects in Transit by changing status of segments Jun 9, 2010

Hi Geneviève,

I am sorry if I wasn't too clear =)

I did try so many settings in the profile, except the one you mention. But the second solutions seems to fit. Thanks a lot.

Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Share one project/language pair with another translator

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search