Transit NXT only allows me to export a project as a tpf file (not as txf)
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 8, 2010

Hi everyone,

I have packed the translation of a Transit NXT project as a tpf file (I cannot choose any other format). However, the client needs a txf-file. Is there any workaround for this?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Estefanía

PS. My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition and the details of my Transit NXT version are: Version 4.0 SP2 Build 781.4

Direct link Reply with quote

Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:41
Chinese to German
+ ...
Manual txf file Oct 8, 2010

You can only send back txf files of projects that you received as pxf. How did the customer send the files to you? If you received a pxf file from the customer, this probably means that he/she uses Transit XV. Unfortunately, Transit NXT language files can not be opened in Transit XV. You need to convert the language files first.

If nothing else works, maybe you could convert your target language files to Transit XV files (Button "Reference Material" on the bottom of your Transit NXT window --> convert NXT -- XV) and send them to your customer. The conversion works for whole folder structures, you don't have to convert file by file.

If you have to also send back terminology, you could try to create a txf file yourself. For this you probably need:
- target language files (converted to XV format, see above)
- prj file (copied from the original pxf file)
- terminology files (folders copied from your created tpf file)

Zip all these files together and rename "zip" to "txf".

HTH
Iris

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT only allows me to export a project as a tpf file (not as txf)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search