feeding Termstar
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:41
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2011

Is it possible to import a 2 columns excel file or a tab delimited glossary to Termstar (with Transit XV)?

[Edited at 2011-01-30 00:37 GMT]

Tanja Oresnik
Tanja Oresnik  Identity Verified
Slovenia
French to Slovenian
+ ...
Indeed Jan 30, 2011

It's been a while since I did this, so I don't remember the details, but yes, it is possible to do this using the Import function of the Database administrator option. Some problems occured with the Slovenian language specific characters which did not display correctly, but I guess it could have been because my settings were not completely correct.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Importing tab delimited text files into Termstar Jan 31, 2011

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

Is it possible to import a 2 columns excel file or a tab delimited glossary to Termstar (with Transit XV)?

Hi Pablo,

I'm not aware of a direct import of Excel files (which doesn't mean that it isn't possible). You can save the term file in Excel as a tab delimited text file (e.g. with two columns) and import this file into Termstar quite easy.

I have a Termstar Import Definition file (.tid) for this.

BTW: Do you also think STAR should participate in forums like this and supply sample files?

Hans

Pablo Bouvier
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
feeding Termstar Jan 31, 2011

Hans Lenting wrote:

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

Hi Pablo,

I'm not aware of a direct import of Excel files (which doesn't mean that it isn't possible). You can save the term file in Excel as a tab delimited text file (e.g. with two columns) and import this file into Termstar quite easy.

I have a Termstar Import Definition file (.tid) for this.

BTW: Do you also think STAR should participate in forums like this and supply sample files?

Hans

Hi, Hans: Thanks a lot for your answer and support. May I abuse again of your generosity and ask you under wich menu option .tid filters are created? Not found, so far... I usually do not use Transit regularly, although I know the most basic principles having worked with it at some agencies. Now I have a project proposal and I wish I could use the glossaries I already have.

Answering to your question, since I only use Transit trough agencies, I do not know if they should participate in these forums. To participate might be a good idea. But, probably they prefer or have other ways of supporting their customers too.

[Edited at 2011-01-31 19:32 GMT]

Termstar userdefined import Mar 25, 2011

Hi Pablo,

you can define your own Import Definition with the "database admin" found under "options" Menu.

There you must select user defined layout and set the delimiter etc. you can save this setting there and then just start your import.

regards,
Richwood

Pablo Bouvier
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
feeding Termstar Mar 25, 2011

richwood wrote:

Hi Pablo,

you can define your own Import Definition with the "database admin" found under "options" Menu.

There you must select user defined layout and set the delimiter etc. you can save this setting there and then just start your import.

regards,
Richwood

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

feeding Termstar

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »