How to leverage past translation memories for new projects?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 31, 2011

Dear Transit users

I use Transit NXT on la regular basis, but I've swithche to a brand new laptop this month.
A client of mine, a translation agency, uses Transit and is always delivering me Transit projects, with *.enu *.ENG files. For the same end client they sometimes they deliver me extracted files, and sometimes, the complete file.
I accept the project and I want to use my previous translations as references, and I find absolutely ennoying to browse
... See more
Dear Transit users

I use Transit NXT on la regular basis, but I've swithche to a brand new laptop this month.
A client of mine, a translation agency, uses Transit and is always delivering me Transit projects, with *.enu *.ENG files. For the same end client they sometimes they deliver me extracted files, and sometimes, the complete file.
I accept the project and I want to use my previous translations as references, and I find absolutely ennoying to browse in all the folders with subfolders for every single *.enu and¨*.eng file I want to insert. I have to repeat the process for almost 20 times before I finish to insert the previous projects.

I wanted to use the "Organise reference material", and I copied the reference material in a speccial folder, But I'm stuck.

How can I use all my past translations in the new projects for the same client without selecting each file/project individually. (Note some of the projects are not selectable indivually as they are located in an external disc I copied from my old laptop).

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:08
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit NXT - Adding previous reference material Apr 4, 2011

Hello,
if you want to add previous reference material (language pairs) to your current project, you simply need to put everything in a folder, then in Transit select Project | Settings and in the dialog box select Add Folder, rather than Add files.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Best
Roberto Bertuol

robertobertuol.com

huutsch
huutsch
Local time: 10:08
German to English
+ ...
What exactly is reference material (language pairs)? Apr 4, 2011

When you say "reference material (language pairs)", you are talking about the (in my case) DEU and ENG files only, correct? The BAS, MTS, MTX, and SUB files are not necessary for Reference Material, correct?

Regards,

Michael

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 4, 2011

Hi, Roberto

I did exactly the same procedure you've just explained me, thanks!

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to leverage past translation memories for new projects?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »