Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking
Thread poster: Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 14, 2011

There has already an RFF been filed for 'Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking'. Since it can take a while before this feature is implemented, I was looking for a simple work-around.

Here it is:

STEP 1

Scenario 1: One Word document

Run a macro to save all words with numbers in a plain text file.

Scenario 2: Many Word documents

Either run the macro on each individual document or import the Word documents in Transit NXT. Create a TMX file containing only the source (or target) language. Run a macro on this file to save all words with numbers to a text file.

STEP 2

Create a new dictionary e.g. 'Part_numbers'. Assign it to your project. Check 'Use project dictionary' on the Review | Spell tab.

STEP 3

Save the (part) number file as 'Part_numbers.AWL' (I hope I remember the extension correctly - if not, let me know), in the folder \Config.

Since Step 2 only needs to be executed once and Step 3 can be automated by macro used in Step 1, only Step 1 has to be performed on every new project. You'll probably not want to do this always, but sometimes it will be a real timesaver.

HL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search