Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 27, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I've written some pretty nifty macro's in Macro Toolworks to use in Transit NXT.

If other Transit users are working with MTW I could post the macro's here.

Best regards,

Hans Lenting

Macros Sep 23, 2011

Hi Hans,
you wrote earlier that if someone was interested in macros, you would be ok with sharing some for NXT ?

I would like to hear more..

Thanks

Martin

Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:29
Member (2006)
French to English
Interested in macros for Transit NXT Sep 24, 2011

Hello Hans,

I've started using Transit NXT as a couple of my regular clients use it, but I find it awkward & time-consuming to use & not particularly user-friendly, so I'd really appreciate some info on these useful macros, thanks very much.

Best regards

Jenny Duthie

Please do so Sep 28, 2011

Hi Hans,
I too have been looking into the Macro Toolworks - so if you have some goldcoins, please share

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Macro's for Transit NXT Sep 28, 2011

Hi, I'm in a hurry, so:

Will publish some stuff here.

On the other hand: I'm really thinking about evaluating Auto Hotkey, because it has more user interaction in forums.

Hans

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Migrating macros to AHK Nov 2, 2011

Hi all,

I've started to evaluate AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com)

In the end I'd like to migrate my Macro Toolworks macros to AHK. Then I'll publish them here.

Are there Transit users that are already familiar with AHK and can help?

Hans

[Edited at 2011-11-02 11:03 GMT]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 06:29
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
AHK + Transit NXT Nov 2, 2011

Well, I use AHK quite extensively, including Transit; I have to observe that in NXT some macros are much faster and smoother when used as "Transit native". The reason is, IMHO, that the "bell-and-whistle" GUI of NXT is quite unfriendly to AHK and there must be a lot of special verification of which window is really active, etc. The GUI's reponse to AHK commands is considerably slower than that to the "native" macros. For example, in a macro to mark selected segments as "translated", when written... See more
Well, I use AHK quite extensively, including Transit; I have to observe that in NXT some macros are much faster and smoother when used as "Transit native". The reason is, IMHO, that the "bell-and-whistle" GUI of NXT is quite unfriendly to AHK and there must be a lot of special verification of which window is really active, etc. The GUI's reponse to AHK commands is considerably slower than that to the "native" macros. For example, in a macro to mark selected segments as "translated", when written as an AHK script, I had to introduce a waiting time of 3000 microseconds (!), established by experimenting, inside the macro if it were to run. It was on a double-core ThinkPad laptop, which is not, admittedly, the fastest as they go, but not so obsolete either. The same macro written "natively" in NXT is smooth and problem-free.

Antonin
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the warning Nov 2, 2011

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Well, I use AHK quite extensively, including Transit; I have to observe that in NXT some macros are much faster and smoother when used as "Transit native". The reason is, IMHO, that the "bell-and-whistle" GUI of NXT is quite unfriendly to AHK and there must be a lot of special verification of which window is really active, etc.

Antonin

Thanks for the warning, Antonin, I'll start with migrating some basic Transit NXT macros first (e.g. put focus in target term field of the Rapid Entry dialog upon opening the dialog).

About the bell-and-wistle GUI: You are absolutely right, there are quite some things that don't (always) work as they should. E.g. the Find and Replace dialog doesn't always take input via the clipboard.

Let's hope SP 5 will fix these quirks.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretty nifty macro's for Transit NXT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »