How to open a completed project in Transit Satellite 3.0?
Thread poster: Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:45
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 3, 2011

Dear All,

I have translated a Transit project using Memoq 4,5. Everything went fine and I've exported the project pressing "Export Transit Project" button in Memoq.

I want to view it in Transit and see If everything is ok before delivering to my client.

I can't find the option to receive a completed project in Transit and help files don't offer any solution to me.

Any help is much appreciated.

Yigit

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:45
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Opening a project with Transit Satellite 3.0 Jul 3, 2011

Hello,
Did MemoQ export a .pxf or a .txf? If it is a .pxf, when you start Satellite you are asked if you want to "receive an external project". Otherwise select Project | Receive. Select your .pxf and you will be able to view the source and target segments. If the client sent a .pxf, they will expect a .txf from you or the target language pair.
Roberto Bertuol
robertobertuol.com

Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.txf File Jul 3, 2011

Hi Roberto,

A colleague solved my problem. Regarding your question, Memoq exports a .txf file when you complete a Transit project using it.

Thanks for your help.

Yiğit

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
file extensions Jul 3, 2011

Roberto Bertuol wrote:

Did MemoQ export a .pxf or a .txf? If it is a .pxf, when you start Satellite you are asked if you want to "receive an external project". Otherwise select Project | Receive. Select your .pxf and you will be able to view the source and target segments. If the client sent a .pxf, they will expect a .txf from you or the target language pair.

MemoQ exports a .TXF file, ready for delivery to the client. Normally one cannot open a TXF file in Transit but there is always a solution.

Add .zip extension to both TXF and PXF files. Open the *.txf.zip file with Windows Compressed (zipped) Folder (do not decompress, simply open it). Copy the translated file (Turkish translation has .TRK extension) to the desktop.

Then open the *.pxf.zip file with Windows Compressed (zipped) Folder, and paste that *.TRK file. Delete the zip extension from *.pxf.zip file. Now you can open the "translated" file with Transit Satellite.

-----

Many translators prefer other CAT tools, e.g. MemoQ, DVX or Wordfast to translate Transit Satellite projects. But one should always check the final version in Transit Satellite.

[Edited at 2011-07-03 17:29 GMT]

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:45
German to Croatian
+ ...
Thank you.... Jul 3, 2011

Dear Selcuk,

Thank you very much for posting this solution. It is very useful to all users of Transit.

Regards,

Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a completed project in Transit Satellite 3.0?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »