Changing keyboard language
Thread poster: Carine Dubois

Carine Dubois
Local time: 17:36
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sep 2, 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with a new project I just began with Transit: I have Vista, and I've been told it MIGHT be some trouble, but I'd like to work it out...

My computer is spanish, as the keyboard. It is correctly set in my computer, but when I translate my project, it uses the french keyboard... Indeed, I am translating from spanish into french, but I want to use the spanish keyboard.

I didn't find any post related with my problem,

Could anyone tell me if this problem has a solution!

Thank you VERY MUCH

Carine

Direct link Reply with quote

Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Turn off automatic keyboard switch Sep 2, 2011

Hi Carine

you have to go to the Edit tab, Miscellaneous and unclick the option Automatic keyboard switch. This option automatically switches the keyboard to the layout of the language you are translating. That is why it uses a French keyboard layout when you translate into French.

HTH
Iris

David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
+ ...
On your screen Sep 2, 2011

you might have, bottom righ but next to the usual collection of icons, a little box that inicates FR or whatever spanish might be. (Mine has DE or EN). Click on this to change keyboard language. Not sure whetehr this feature is alwa

Carine Dubois
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is there a way to get Transit work with Vista? Sep 2, 2011

Thank you David, but I already did this, it seemed alright, but unfortunately it still writes as if I'm using a french keyboard.

Anyway, I think I have bigger problems now...I can't use the alt + insert function to save the segments translated, the program always bug when I do it and I have to close it, reopen but it always doas the same thing.

Anyone having the same problem with Vista? Is there any solution?

Thanks again

Carine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing keyboard language

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search