Using regular expressions in Transit to search and replace
Thread poster: Proudhon
Proudhon
Proudhon
English to Russian
Nov 15, 2011

Hello,

Is there how to find and replace a certain type of strings using regular expressions? There’s quite a number of standard strings in the files I’m translating at the moment. These strings are based on the following structure:

The function returns , e.g.:

The getAssessmentPeriodLabelValues() function returns a list of assessment period LabelValueBeans

I wanted to leave the and replace the text before and after these characters
... See more
Hello,

Is there how to find and replace a certain type of strings using regular expressions? There’s quite a number of standard strings in the files I’m translating at the moment. These strings are based on the following structure:

The function returns , e.g.:

The getAssessmentPeriodLabelValues() function returns a list of assessment period LabelValueBeans

I wanted to leave the and replace the text before and after these characters

I used the following search and replace arguments:

Find what: The\s& function\sreturns
Replace with: \s&, where & stands for

Which, naturally, resulted in just that – ampersands instead of the characters I’d like to remain there.

Is it actually possible to find and replace in Transit in sed or awk style, or functionally similar?

Cheers
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using regular expressions in Transit to search and replace

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »