Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:51
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 30, 2011

I only use the Satellite PE version of Transit.
I wonder if it is possible to use my translations for use in other tools. I believe the Transit project pacckages are normal zip-archives, and inside are to be found both source and target texts in separate text files. Has anybody experience how these can be aligned?

Another point would be to use previous transit translations in future Transit projects without buying the high-priced version. Would it be possible to open a new pr
... See more
I only use the Satellite PE version of Transit.
I wonder if it is possible to use my translations for use in other tools. I believe the Transit project pacckages are normal zip-archives, and inside are to be found both source and target texts in separate text files. Has anybody experience how these can be aligned?

Another point would be to use previous transit translations in future Transit projects without buying the high-priced version. Would it be possible to open a new project file, add previous translation files and be able to use these as translation memories?
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apsic Xbench Nov 30, 2011

Have a Google for Apsic Xbench. Unzip the Transit project file and use Xbench to create a TMX TM. You can manipulate this TM with Olifant (also free).

Wieland Haselbauer
Wieland Haselbauer  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:51
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Use MemoQ professional to save Star Transit project memories Nov 30, 2011

Hello Heinrich
There is an elegant way to recycle the reference texts embedded in Star transit project files:
Import your Star transit project file into MemoQ (trial version is free for a limited period).
Click on "import Star transit project".
MemoQ will ask you to define a new TM for this job. As soon as you have defined a new memory, MemoQ will import the Star transit reference texts as a database.
Then open this database in MemoQ and export in TMX format.
... See more
Hello Heinrich
There is an elegant way to recycle the reference texts embedded in Star transit project files:
Import your Star transit project file into MemoQ (trial version is free for a limited period).
Click on "import Star transit project".
MemoQ will ask you to define a new TM for this job. As soon as you have defined a new memory, MemoQ will import the Star transit reference texts as a database.
Then open this database in MemoQ and export in TMX format.

Best,

Wieland Haselbauer
Kubus Translations
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use Transit translations as TM?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »