Page Position in Transit
Thread poster: Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:25
German to English
May 25, 2004

This may seem like a basic question, but I have just started using Transit, and have a problem with the page positioning.

Whenever I select a segment, it is automatically aligned at the very bottom of the window. The source segment also appears at the very bottom of the source window, and only the first line of the source segment is visible.
This is irritating, as I cannot read the whole of my source sentence at once. I can scroll to view it, but immediately I click back in th
... See more
This may seem like a basic question, but I have just started using Transit, and have a problem with the page positioning.

Whenever I select a segment, it is automatically aligned at the very bottom of the window. The source segment also appears at the very bottom of the source window, and only the first line of the source segment is visible.
This is irritating, as I cannot read the whole of my source sentence at once. I can scroll to view it, but immediately I click back in the target window, half the source "disappears" again. This is particularly vexing in German, as you nearly always need to view the end of the sentence to make sense of it (and call me fussy, but reading the source text is a pretty basic requirement of translation in any language).

There are other possible views in the window, but all the ones I want to use have this problem. Is there a way to change the position of the selected segment on the page?

MTIA
Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 06:25
German to Romanian
+ ...
Go to Options: Profile: Settings May 25, 2004

In the Transit (General) tab you have an option "Active segment in center of the window". Let me know if this option changes anything for you.

Francesco Volpe
Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Segment Position May 25, 2004

Hi,

go to Options>Profile>Settings.

Then select the Transit (General) tab and check the "Active segment on centre of window" option.

That's all.

Ciao

Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:25
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly what I was looking for May 25, 2004

Many thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Page Position in Transit

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »