What exactly is it, that makes term pair entry slow?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 8, 2012

I'm still looking for the reason why exactly adding a new term pair is sloooooow (even on a very fast computer) and gets slower after having added a couple of thousands of new term pairs on the fly to a newly created MDB.

I now have the Access MDB in RAM. Changing an existing term pair is very fast, so is compacting. This might lead to the conclusion that it is not the DB per se that causes the delay.

Via MultiUserBGS=1 I've made sure that only the active and the following segments are taken into account. (Term search only works in the active segment.)

After I've added a new term pair, I have to wait several seconds before I can continue. This might not seem a long pause, but since I add new term pairs in nearly every segment ... I'm faster than my computer (newest iMac with 16 GB RAM, SSD and Core i7).

In which direction should I be looking?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What exactly is it, that makes term pair entry slow?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search