Benjamin Phister wrote:
Hans Lenting wrote:
Can somebody at STAR please tell me if and when new features for Transit NXT will come?
Features like support for Google Translate etc.
I was hoping that STAR would inform us about new features planned for 2012 ...
Is your decision to use Transit influenced by its development path too?
I find that Star is falling behind the other players in the market. MemoQ, Trados, Wordfast Pro, etc. are adding new features at a much faster pace than Star for Transit NXT. Things like:
- the ability to export a bilingual Word doc to a proofreader who edits the translation, and then import the edited doc back into Transit, accepting or rejecting the corrections
- the ability to share a project (the TM/language pairs, TermStar dictionary) on a Web server so two or more independent translators can work on it simultaneously
- support for using corpora as reference material
- support for Linport (see www.linport.org
- including advanced filters (InDesign, FrameMaker...) for free, or for much lower prices. Many competing products (Déjà Vu, MemoQ) include these filters at no additional cost
- support for MS Spell check
- open architecture enabling third parties to develop add-ins (like Trados OpenExchange)
I hope they pick up the pace soon...