https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/223018-new_features_for_transit_nxt.html

New features for Transit NXT?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 18, 2012

Hi,

Can somebody at STAR please tell me if and when new features for Transit NXT will come?

Features like support for Google Translate etc.

Thank you!

Hans

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
No new features planned for Transit in 2012? May 2, 2012

Hans Lenting wrote:

Hi,

Can somebody at STAR please tell me if and when new features for Transit NXT will come?

Thank you!

Hans

I was hoping that STAR would inform us about new features planned for 2012 ...

Is your decision to use Transit influenced by its development path too?

Benjamin Phister (X)
Benjamin Phister (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:52
French to English
Transit NXT is falling behind the competition May 3, 2012

Hans Lenting wrote:

Hi,

Hi Hans.

I find that Star is falling behind the other players in the market. MemoQ, Trados, Wordfast Pro, etc. are adding new features at a much faster pace than Star for Transit NXT. Things like:
- the ability to export a bilingual Word doc to a proofreader who edits the translation, and then import the edited doc back into Transit, accepting or rejecting the corrections
- the ability to share a project (the TM/language pairs, TermStar dictionary) on a Web server so two or more independent translators can work on it simultaneously
- support for using corpora as reference material
- support for Linport (see www.linport.org)
- including advanced filters (InDesign, FrameMaker...) for free, or for much lower prices. Many competing products (Déjà Vu, MemoQ) include these filters at no additional cost
- support for MS Spell check
- open architecture enabling third parties to develop add-ins (like Trados OpenExchange)

I hope they pick up the pace soon...

Ben

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Could not agree more May 3, 2012

Benjamin Phister wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:

Hi,

Hi Hans.

I find that Star is falling behind the other players in the market. MemoQ, Trados, Wordfast Pro, etc. are adding new features at a much faster pace than Star for Transit NXT. Things like:
- the ability to export a bilingual Word doc to a proofreader who edits the translation, and then import the edited doc back into Transit, accepting or rejecting the corrections
- the ability to share a project (the TM/language pairs, TermStar dictionary) on a Web server so two or more independent translators can work on it simultaneously
- support for using corpora as reference material
- support for Linport (see www.linport.org)
- including advanced filters (InDesign, FrameMaker...) for free, or for much lower prices. Many competing products (Déjà Vu, MemoQ) include these filters at no additional cost
- support for MS Spell check
- open architecture enabling third parties to develop add-ins (like Trados OpenExchange)

I hope they pick up the pace soon...

Ben

Dear Ben,

I have got the very same feelings about Transit. In my opinion, Transit lost its momentum in the last few years and now they are simply not on a par with the leading CAT tool developers. Once I tried to share my opinion with Hans ( http://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/217442-weak_points_of_transit_nxt.html ), but I am afraid he is too biased to see this clear tendency.

Gyula

wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
French to English
New features - agree, but is this the right place to ask? May 3, 2012

Hi all,

Just adding my two cents' worth. Is this the right place to ask? Do we know whether anyone at STAR follows this forum (or lurks without posting?)

I've been told that they may be following the Yahoo Transit forum too. Can anyone confirm?

It would be nice to have some two-way communication with someone at STAR (customer care and all that). I can understand that they give priority to customers who have a software support contract, but they could "push
... See more
Hi all,

Just adding my two cents' worth. Is this the right place to ask? Do we know whether anyone at STAR follows this forum (or lurks without posting?)

I've been told that they may be following the Yahoo Transit forum too. Can anyone confirm?

It would be nice to have some two-way communication with someone at STAR (customer care and all that). I can understand that they give priority to customers who have a software support contract, but they could "push the boat out" a bit and interact more proactively with all Transit owners/users.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Point taken May 3, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:

Once I tried to share my opinion with Hans ( http://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/217442-weak_points_of_transit_nxt.html ), but I am afraid he is too biased to see this clear tendency.

Gyula

Very funny indeed.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Support contract: priority? May 3, 2012

wotswot wrote:

I can understand that they give priority to customers who have a software support contract, but they could "push the boat out" a bit and interact more proactively with all Transit owners/users.

It is my experience that this kind of questions isn't answered sooner when you have a support contract.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New features for Transit NXT?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »