https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/229135-filter_for_framemaker_mif.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
filter for framemaker (mif)
Thread poster: Bielschowsky
Bielschowsky
Bielschowsky
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
Jul 18, 2012

the filter " for this file type is not included with Transit NXT as standard. "

Dear All,
I have purschased a Transit NXT freelance pro licence, but I still can not work with a mif file (framemaker converted)

From your guide I understand that I need optional filter. But the filter " for this file type is not included with Transit NXT as standard. "

Can you please help me? I need this filter and you say in your guide that I should contact you.
... See more
the filter " for this file type is not included with Transit NXT as standard. "

Dear All,
I have purschased a Transit NXT freelance pro licence, but I still can not work with a mif file (framemaker converted)

From your guide I understand that I need optional filter. But the filter " for this file type is not included with Transit NXT as standard. "

Can you please help me? I need this filter and you say in your guide that I should contact you.

Your guide says:

Optional filter – enabled by licence number
The filter for this file type is not included with Transit NXT as standard. It is an
optional filter and enabled by the licence number.
If you would like to enable the filter later, please contact your local STAR office.

Many thanks in advance

Turian da Silva
Collapse

wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:23
Member (2011)
French to English
@Turian Jul 18, 2012

I don't know why you're posting this here, this is not "your local STAR office".
The FrameMaker, InDesign and several other filters are optional extras, and I believe prices vary according to country.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
optional Jul 18, 2012

Framemaker, Indesign, Interleaf and some other formats are not included into the standard version of Transit NXT. They are optional and should be bought separately. Your license will be then changed and via license upgrade you will be able to see the filter for Framemaker (mif) files in the programm.

Bielschowsky
Bielschowsky
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I just cant find the filter in the star websites. Jul 18, 2012

@Squires

Many thanks for your reply.

Do you maybe know here I can buy this licence and download the filter?
I just cant find it in the star websites.

Many thanks

Turian

[Edited at 2012-07-18 22:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-18 22:30 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
FM Filter Jul 19, 2012

Turian da Silva wrote:

Do you maybe know here I can buy this licence and download the filter?
I just cant find it in the star websites.

You can download the filter installation file from here.

Benjamin Phister (X)
Benjamin Phister (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Call your local Star office Jul 19, 2012

For all special licensing issues and filter requirements, I think you need to contact your local Star office. The contact details are available on Star's Web site.

Ben

Bielschowsky
Bielschowsky
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
valid transit nxt instalation key do not work Jul 19, 2012

@Stanislav

Many thanks for your link.
I actually went there yesterday, but at the installation the program needs a transit NXT instalation key. So I use my valid transit nxt instalation key, but it doesant work.

Star don´t answer my e-mails

and I will loose the client...

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A separate license key Jul 19, 2012

Turian da Silva wrote:
Many thanks for your link.
I actually went there yesterday, but at the installation the program needs a transit NXT instalation key. So I use my valid transit nxt instalation key, but it doesant work.

You will need a separate installation key for that: the FM filter is an add-in that needs to be purchased separately (costs around € 900, if I'm not mistaken).

Star don´t answer my e-mails

I guess if you write them that you want to buy the filter add-in, you will receive a prompt reply.

Bielschowsky
Bielschowsky
Brazil
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
900 euro? Jul 19, 2012

@Stanislav

I am in contact with then. Star is really not a good organized firm.

And I truly hope this filters don't cost 900 euro

But thanks for the information

Best

Turian

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
good luck Jul 23, 2012

"I am in contact with then. Star is really not a good organized firm."
Firstly: you have a time limited version (not Professional), which per se don't get any filters at all.
Secondly: Every company needs time to process questions - you wanted the filter immideately, which just doesn't work, since we need to contact license managers and wait for money and also clear about the situation with filters for non professional version - it doesn't take 5 minutes. Your questions were answered
... See more
"I am in contact with then. Star is really not a good organized firm."
Firstly: you have a time limited version (not Professional), which per se don't get any filters at all.
Secondly: Every company needs time to process questions - you wanted the filter immideately, which just doesn't work, since we need to contact license managers and wait for money and also clear about the situation with filters for non professional version - it doesn't take 5 minutes. Your questions were answered in acceptable time.
900 is, of course, nonsense. I would appreciate, if you correct this false information.

I hope you received the filter and didn't lose your client.

[Edited at 2012-07-23 10:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-07-23 10:46 GMT]

P.S. concerning calling and writing e-mails. Please contact the office of the country, where you bought the programm. For example persons which bought their license in Germany via Star Deutschland GmbH should call or write to Star Deutschland GmbH. Sometimes problems are too specific and should be forwarded to another offices (like developers). International buyers have another contact partners.

[Edited at 2012-07-23 10:58 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Not so sure Jul 23, 2012

Squires wrote:
Secondly: Every company needs time to process questions - you wanted the filter immideately, which just doesn't work, since we need to contact license managers and wait for money and also clear about the situation with filters for non professional version - it doesn't take 5 minutes.

All this actually takes no more than five minutes, except for waiting for the payment, of course. Although actually I bought an upgrade from Projetex 7 to Projetex 9 over an online payment service on Friday and received my license activation codes within five minutes. So yes, this process can be streamlined to take no more than five minutes.

ETA: There may be indeed great differences between the response times among different local Star offices. For example the Czech office is very responsive and will usually reply on the same day (sometimes even on weekends).

[Upraveno: 2012-07-23 18:22 GMT]

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nonsense, but not the way Squires thinks... Jul 24, 2012

Squires wrote:

900 is, of course, nonsense.

Several years ago I wanted to buy this filter. As far as I remember, the price was exactly 900 EUR at Star Hungary.

Regards,

Gyula

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
difference Jul 24, 2012

@Gyula Erdész

OK, as far as I unterstand, the difference is, that the author of the thread will only be able to use this filter for 3 months (because he has a time limited version of Transit). He can't use it afterwards, I assume.
The filter, which you wanted to buy would be an unlimited one (i.e. you have an unlimited transit and want to buy an anlimited filter). It would, of course, cost more.

@Stanislav Pokorny
The whole difference is, that this was a no
... See more
@Gyula Erdész

OK, as far as I unterstand, the difference is, that the author of the thread will only be able to use this filter for 3 months (because he has a time limited version of Transit). He can't use it afterwards, I assume.
The filter, which you wanted to buy would be an unlimited one (i.e. you have an unlimited transit and want to buy an anlimited filter). It would, of course, cost more.

@Stanislav Pokorny
The whole difference is, that this was a non-standard situation because you can't buy that filter for a limited version. This option is just isn't there and it can't be that fast per se. You can buy Office in 5 minutes, but you can't buy a plugin to this Office, if it's not offered - this has to happen manually - and it can take time (asking license management etc..).

[Edited at 2012-07-24 13:02 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Nothing to correct then Jul 24, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:
Several years ago I wanted to buy this filter. As far as I remember, the price was exactly 900 EUR at Star Hungary.
Regards,
Gyula

Thanks for confirming this, Gyula.

Squires wrote:
900 is, of course, nonsense. I would appreciate, if you correct this false information.

Official pricing of Tran$it NXT in the Czech Republic in CZK and euros (exchange rate: 1 euro = 25 CZK; prices incl. VAT):
  • Tran$it NXT Freelance Pro: CZK 35,551 (€ 1,422)
  • InDesign filter: CZK 31,238 (€ 1,250)
  • Framemaker filter: CZK 22,164 (€ 886)
  • Pagemaker filter: CZK 22,164 (€ 886)
  • RC/binary resource files: CZK 22,164 (€ 886)
  • AutoCAD: CZK 31,238 (€ 1,442)

...and so on.

So there seems to be nothing to correct in my previous post. The pricing of optional file filters for Tran$it has always been more than just absurd.

[Upraveno: 2012-07-24 13:12 GMT]

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
prices Jul 24, 2012

@Stanislav Pokorny

Your prices should be correct. This would be the price for an unlimited version. Not a price for a filter for a 3-mth. limited version.

I am sure no one charges the full price for the filter, when it only would work for three monthes. I hope Turian da Silva would tell us, if I am correct.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

filter for framemaker (mif)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »