Transit NXT: Transit analysis VERY different from Trados analysis
Thread poster: Campman

Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:47
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 22, 2013

I made a Trados analysis of a text - it said > 50% repetitions.
I made a Transit analysis of the same text - it said 0% internal repetitions.

It looks as if the Trados "repetitions" are not the same concept as the Transit "internal repetitions". What exactly is the difference?

I must add that while working in Trados I've not seen these 50% repetitions back - nasty surprise if you expect that half of the text needs to be translated and find out that the work is twice as much.

I must also add that the source text is a converted PDF-file, tidied up a bit but still with sudden breaks, sentences cut up in in three segments, same sentence in different formatting and so on. So what could have been a 100% match if the layout of the text had been properly done, is now in the best case a fuzzy match.

Direct link Reply with quote

Peamur
Local time: 05:47
numbers Jun 20, 2015

Thigs like

Error 50
Error 60

differ only in numbers. I guess, Trados consider such strings as repetitions because only numbers differ. Transit does not consider them repetitions.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT: Transit analysis VERY different from Trados analysis

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search