sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
German to English
+ ...
Oct 2, 2004

Hi,

These errors have occured a few times.

1) When I complete a project and click "Project > Send", my Windows 2000 restarts!

2) When I work with Transit XV, Windows 2000 hangs. This has happened a couple of times, now I am not sure if it is due to Transit or another problem. But by sheer coincidence, it occurs when I am working with Transit XV!!

I checked the Star site for help, but didn't find any.

Any help will be appreciated!... See more
Hi,

These errors have occured a few times.

1) When I complete a project and click "Project > Send", my Windows 2000 restarts!

2) When I work with Transit XV, Windows 2000 hangs. This has happened a couple of times, now I am not sure if it is due to Transit or another problem. But by sheer coincidence, it occurs when I am working with Transit XV!!

I checked the Star site for help, but didn't find any.

Any help will be appreciated!
thanks
sandhya
Collapse

Sergey Strakhov
Sergey Strakhov  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:51
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
What version of Service Pack did you download recently? Oct 2, 2004

Some Service Packs of the Fa. Star (in particular, SP 9) contained a bug, that has been subsequently eliminated by the developers. Please read the information of the website of the company. Anyway, try to uninstall the most recent Service Pack of Transit XV and install the previous version instead of it.
I have experienced such problems for a couple of times too, while using Windows 2K. Now with XP this bug doesn"t persist more.
Despite the bugs, Transit is a great software, isn"t i
... See more
Some Service Packs of the Fa. Star (in particular, SP 9) contained a bug, that has been subsequently eliminated by the developers. Please read the information of the website of the company. Anyway, try to uninstall the most recent Service Pack of Transit XV and install the previous version instead of it.
I have experienced such problems for a couple of times too, while using Windows 2K. Now with XP this bug doesn"t persist more.
Despite the bugs, Transit is a great software, isn"t it?

Good luck, Sandhya!:)
Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
latest SP Oct 2, 2004

Sergey Strakhov wrote:

try to uninstall the most recent Service Pack of Transit XV and install the previous version instead of it.

Good luck, Sandhya!:)

...or, alternatively, install the latest service pack. This usually solves the kinks.

viel Glueck
Marcus

sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no solution yet :-( Oct 2, 2004

Thanks a lot Sergey and Marcus,

The last SP I installed was 12! But this problem has happened before too!
Anyway, my system hasn't crashed all morning, so perhaps there is hope yet.

I will send a message to Tech Support on Monday.

have a fun weekend
sandhya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help!!! Transit XV causes Windows to hang

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »