https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/272771-dragon_naturallyspeaking_compatibility_with_transit.html

Dragon NaturallySpeaking compatibility with Transit
Thread poster: James McVay
James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:46
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 31, 2014

I'm currently working on a huge (100,000-word) project. I'm about 15,000 words into it, and the translation agency says their customer is insisting on receiving Transit files. I'm using Fluency, which isn't at all compatible with Transit. But my question has nothing to do with that. That's just me whining.

I'm hooked on using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and if I have to type I can't imagine doing a project this large and still meet my deadline. Does anyone know how compatible Transit
... See more
I'm currently working on a huge (100,000-word) project. I'm about 15,000 words into it, and the translation agency says their customer is insisting on receiving Transit files. I'm using Fluency, which isn't at all compatible with Transit. But my question has nothing to do with that. That's just me whining.

I'm hooked on using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and if I have to type I can't imagine doing a project this large and still meet my deadline. Does anyone know how compatible Transit is with DNS?
Collapse

Alan Halls
Alan Halls  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:46
German to English
DNS and Transit - Support Jul 31, 2014

Hi James
I've been a Transit user since 2000 but have no experience with DNS et al. I would recommend a brief email to Transit Support. They will be able to give you a definitive answer.

I would be interested to know, however, because one day I was thinking of investing in DNS as well.

Alan

James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:46
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never mind Jul 31, 2014

The remainder of the project was canceled.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:46
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
translate Transit files in CafeTran (which does work with Dragon)? Jul 31, 2014

Hi James,

Perhaps a little off topic, but you can translate Transit files in CafeTran, and CafeTran works nicely with CafeTran.

Michael

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:46
Wow Aug 2, 2014

and CafeTran works nicely with CafeTran.

Michael

I'm impressed.

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:46
It should work Aug 4, 2014

Although your job isn't going ahead, I thought I'd reply to say that it should be compatible. I have only been told this by others who have used it - I haven't tried it myself. But one of those people has used it successfully in combination with Transit for 10 years. However, this user recommended having the professional version of Dragon as this doesn't limit you to which words you can teach it, and it allows you to write commands.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon NaturallySpeaking compatibility with Transit

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »