Thread poster: Thor Henrik Braarvig

Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:26
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2015

Hi there!

I'm totally new to Transit NXT and I don't understand why the source text is displayed in the editors target language window.

When working with Trados Studio I just translate one segment, then use a shortcut to confirm the segment and jump to then next one. After doing that I can start translating the next segment immediately, without having to delete any text first. Is this possible with Transit NXT also?

It would be very much extra work if I would have to mark every segment with the mouse and then delete it before I can even start translating.

I would be very happy if somebody would tell me that there is a workaround for this.

I also wonder: Why doesn't a standard shortcut like Ctrl + A (to mark an entire segment) work in Transit?

Kind regards,
Thor

Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:26
Shortcuts Mar 26, 2015

Hi Thor,

The keyboard shortcut to confirm a segment is Alt+Insert.

Transit leaves the source in the target window for you to overwrite. If you don't like that, though, there is a function which will empty the next segment when you confirm the previous one with Alt+Insert.

Go to the Processing ribbon and click on the "Confirm" drop-down under the big green tick on the left. There should be an option there called "Empty next segment". Select that, and next time you use Alt+Insert, the next segment you leap to will be wiped clean for you.

Hope that helps!

Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:26
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Mar 26, 2015

Thanks Karen!

The project I'm working on has got an empty line at the end of each segment. So when I use the shortcut Alt + Insert the cursor doesn't jump to the next segment, it just moves to the empty line below (which is a part of the same segment). Are you familiar with this? I found lots of Transit screenshots on Google and other Transit projects doesn't seem to be like this.

Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:26
Doesn't sound familiar Mar 26, 2015

That's not something I immediately recognise, sorry. I guess you can't paste a screenshot in here, sadly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate in Transit NXT without using the mouse all the time

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search