Thread poster: Delinguaproz
Delinguaproz
Delinguaproz
Local time: 05:51
English to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2005

Hi,

we're having problems opening a word-file with Transit, it only seems to let us open a pdf-file! Is there some trick or what are we doing wrong?

Thanks!

Katja

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 04:51
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
What exactly do you mean by "open"? Oct 12, 2005

(1) Which version of Transit? (I mean "level", like Smart, Professional, etc.)

(2) You do not "open," but "import"...

Antonin

Delinguaproz
Delinguaproz
Local time: 05:51
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Conversion of a DOC-file Oct 12, 2005

OK,...now that I read some of the earlier messages I'm getting a clearer picture (I think) - so we can't convert a doc-file into a pxf-file with the free download Satellite PE, right?? The client has to sent their files (that are apparently to be done with Transit even though they hardly seem to know more about it than we...)in Transit-form in order for us to do the job?

Thanks for the answer from experts!

Katja

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 04:51
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
You got the picture right Oct 12, 2005

Katja Virtanen wrote:

OK,...now that I read some of the earlier messages I'm getting a clearer picture (I think) - so we can't convert a doc-file into a pxf-file with the free download Satellite PE, right??

RIGHT!

The client has to sent their files (that are apparently to be done with Transit even though they hardly seem to know more about it than we...)in Transit-form in order for us to do the job?

They need at least Professional for sending you a pxf; you could convert Word to Transit language pair files yourself with Smart.

Good luck.

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DOC-files with Transit

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »