Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:19
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2005

I have a large assignment to be done in Transit, but I would prefer using DVX.
I received some useful tips on DVX's yahoo group on how to do this, but I am stuck. After translating the file in DVX, I export the project. Then I should be renaming the exported xml file by changing the .xml extension to a language-specific three-letter code (in my case: "hun").
When I do this, the filename will be "filename.hun", but the file type remains .xml, which means Transit does not recognize it
... See more
I have a large assignment to be done in Transit, but I would prefer using DVX.
I received some useful tips on DVX's yahoo group on how to do this, but I am stuck. After translating the file in DVX, I export the project. Then I should be renaming the exported xml file by changing the .xml extension to a language-specific three-letter code (in my case: "hun").
When I do this, the filename will be "filename.hun", but the file type remains .xml, which means Transit does not recognize it.
Any idea how to change this xml file into a hun (language-specific) file?
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Write protected? Nov 21, 2005

Would you mind to check the properties in case your file is protected?

I assume you tried to rename it by clicking on the filename and/or pressing F2. What exactly happens when you rename the file and press enter?

Also, have you tried to use the command line with the following command (one of the two should work):

RENAME [drive:][path]filename1 filename2.

or

REN [drive:][path]filename1 filename2.

where filename1 the or
... See more
Would you mind to check the properties in case your file is protected?

I assume you tried to rename it by clicking on the filename and/or pressing F2. What exactly happens when you rename the file and press enter?

Also, have you tried to use the command line with the following command (one of the two should work):

RENAME [drive:][path]filename1 filename2.

or

REN [drive:][path]filename1 filename2.

where filename1 the original and filename2 the new filename.

HTH.

Sonja
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hvala lijepo Nov 22, 2005

Thank you for the hints. I did exactly what you are suggesting: renaming the file in DOS. The problem is that when I try to open the language pair in Transit, the target laguage file seems corrupted or unrecognizeable, as if Transit "knew" that the file was processed externally.

Csaba

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit-DVX: cannot rename xml file after export from DVX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »